Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] Crossed paths by chance - Muroki/Kwaruza [finished]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:03 pm
Today was a rest day. The band of lions had stopped to spend the day 'normal' rather than on the move, their meeting point a small cropping of rocks that showed above the long grass of the rogue lands. They could hunt small game, drink at a nearby waterhole, sleep, play, do whatever they wished - it as heartening to have these days while on the road.

Muroki having made sure everyone was okay, had taken his leave to go explore a bit. A relaxing walk would be nice, and he could just nose about.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:57 am
The lioness was resting, her two cubs curled up beside her sleeping. They had all just eaten a large meal and they were all ready for an afternoon nap but as usual Kwaruza couldn't sleep. She wanted to just watch her cubs for a while, they were so beautiful just laying there beside her. Oh how proud she was to have been able to make such gorgeous cubs.

Her head pricked up at the sound of some noise but instead of moving she waited. She wasn't going to risk waking her babies.  

Remove

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:27 pm
As soon as he caught the signs of a mother with youngsters, after he'd been attracted to the area by the scent of a kill, Muroki went carefully. Last thing he wanted was to suprise one or get between her and her cubs by accident - such fights rarely happened but he'd witnessed one once and it hadn't been pretty. When he realised he'd only gotton closer, he called softly.

"Hello?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:03 am
She looked up but didn't move. She just curled herself around her cubs more tightly though not enough to wake them up. She wasn't going to risk them being woken when there was no need for it.

"Hello." She spoke softly, she didn't want a fight and she assumed he didn't by the way he spoke.

"I am Kwaruza and these are my cubs, Angaa and Mruka." She thought there was no harm in introductions. At least that way she would be able to prove that she didn't want a fight.  

Remove

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:13 am
"I'm called Muroki. Pleasure to meet you and yours, Kwaruza."

Muroki stayed where he was, relieved that he didn't have an angry momma to contend with. Instead, someone who seemed polite and was friendly enough to share the names of her cubs and herself.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:31 am
Kwaruza was far from sure what to say so she just smiled and nodded her head before gently licking her daughter's sleeping body. She was protective over them, very much so but she didn't mind this male he seemed nice enough.

"What are you doing out here?" It wasn't the nicest place in the world and she had seen few wandering through here, that was one reason she had chosen this place to rest with her children.  

Remove

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:08 pm
"I and my friends are traveling to claim some lands as ours, start a pride. It may be a hard task but it'll be worth it to have somewhere safe and good to call home." He imagined the end result he hoped for, a large pride and other creatures as allies, a rebuilt Clan. It would be wonderful if they could make it.

"And you, Kwaruza? Do you and your cubs stay here or...?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:37 am
She listened and nodded before shaking her head,

"We have no home, we just travel hoping to find somewhere to hide them so I can hunt. It's a tough life." She was being honest, there was no reason to make her life sound like it was easy when it was far from it. She missed having a life that was easy.  

Remove

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:33 pm
"I know how it can be. The lionesses' who raised me often did the same." Muroki thought for a moment, wondering. Two young cubs might be vunerable on the journey and at the Oasis. But surely with all of them keeping and eye out...? Though that was if Kwaruza said yes to his quick idea.

"This will sound odd, since we've just met, but you and your children would be welcome to come with us. Everyone looks after everyone and food is less of a problem with teamwork. You wouldn't need to stay with us forever either unless you wanted..." He trailed off.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:40 pm
Kwaruza looked up and smiled,

"Yes I would love to! The help would be much appreciated!" She was shocked at the offer but there wasn't the smallest chance she would let it slip by. She would do anything for a life that could be a little easier.  

Remove

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:14 pm
"But you must know, their may be fighting one day, to get the pridal lands. During that keeping mothers and children safe would be a top priority though."

"Oh, and you'd have to put up with me babbling about the pride's religion and stuff as we walk sometimes." He joked, trying to be reassuring, as if that was as dangerous as a war.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:28 am
Kwaruza nodded, "It is fine, but children are strong and are use to hiding when I go hunting. The journey may be a little tough on them but we will survive. Than you Muroki for allowing us to join you." She bowed her head in thanks and slowly got up, nudging her cubs awake,

"Come on children, time to leave. We have a home, at last."  

Remove

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:27 pm
Muroki stayed, waiting to lead the trio back the outcropping of rocks, to meet these sleepy-looking cubs and introduce them all to the others. He smiled warmly. Even though he barely knew her, such a devoted mother was a welcome new companion in the band, along with her cubs. They'd, he'd, watch out for them.

(The end! Short but functional ^^ )  
[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff