Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Game Assistance and Talk
Vol. 3 Taihaku

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vengeful retribution

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:50 pm
Any suggestions on how to beat him?

Recommended level,
Recommended gear,
Recommended main weapon (and sub weapons),
Recommended attacks.

All this would help.

Kthx  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:54 pm
Bump  

vengeful retribution

vengeful retribution

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:05 pm
Bump  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:33 pm
I don't remember what level I was, but he was pretty easy. :

Uhm, my advice would be to save before you fight him, go into the battle then see his level, then reset the game, go into the save file and level up to be higher than his.

Also, get away from him when he puts his sword in the air.
If you stay on the opposite side of the arena than him he won't do nearly as much damage. ^.^

YesterDaysNews

Puppetry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:55 pm

I was level 121, since I overleveled to beat a few Chaotic PK's early in the game. Twinblades worked the best for me since he couldn't be juggled by the broadsword. I used Doppleganger's weapons from the previous game but I don't think that matters.

The big thing is counterattacks; they work really well. So don't use any skills without the intention of counterattacking because he'll just counter you ><

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:29 pm
Harakibi

I was level 121, since I overleveled to beat a few Chaotic PK's early in the game. Twinblades worked the best for me since he couldn't be juggled by the broadsword. I used Doppleganger's weapons from the previous game but I don't think that matters.

The big thing is counterattacks; they work really well. So don't use any skills without the intention of counterattacking because he'll just counter you ><

I got him yesterday...
I just evaded him until Kuhn did a arts attack and i just rengaki'd him when he countered. so it was a counter, counter-attack lol
But now i'm stuck on ovan sad
I'm lvl 117  

vengeful retribution

Kraeven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:20 am
The First time I fought him was 3 days after the release date, so that was ages ago. I can't remember much. The second time I fought him, I was level 145 and took him out with ease.
Smack. Smack. Dead. ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:31 pm
I just beat Taihaku yesterday...it took me 3 times...
I do have some (somewhat cheap) advice, if anyone's willing to listen.

Well, I was only level 109...weak, I know. But what I did, was I set Kuhn on Rage and just kind of Ran away while Kuhn slowly wore down as much HP as he could before he died. (and when I tried to revive him, Stupid Taihaku blew me up.) Oh well, moving along...

Atoli helped out a bit by healing him, but eventually, she died too, so...
Whenever Taihaku tried to Rengeki me, I counterattacked (I was using my scythe) EVERY SINGLE TIME. And I also used Avatar Awakening before everyone died. That helped some, too...

And that's pretty much it. stay far away, continuously counterattack, block when all necessary.
and prepare for a long fight biggrin  

Hokaru11792

Arietis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:45 pm
Ah, I remember.
The battle was annoying. But, I beat Taihaku in one try. I think I was level 110.

I was relieved that you didn't have to fight Endrance and Sakubo, as well.
Before the battle, I was convinced that you did, so I was all "OH GOD. s**t. IMMA GET SLAUGHTERED. IMMA BE STUCK AT THIS PART FOREVAR. DD:"
I am such an optimist.

Game Assistance and Talk

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff