[J] Rekha's Diary +Illusionist: ladyumbra+ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ladyumbra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:50 am
Decorations of past and present

Rekha sat in his playpen and watched confused as his family became a very loud group of excited people. He didn't understand why they were excited at first. Oh sure the baby had been surprised to see a tree, an outside thing brought into the house but that wasn't worth all the fuss. especially when he was hungry and not allowed near the tree.

it smelled nice though and so Rekha and sucked on his fingers and watched as the nice smelling tree was positioned just right and then left to loose the rest of it's snow on a plastic sheet set under it. Boxes were brought into the living room and Rekha became curious, what did boxes have to do with the tree.

Anao and Owen didn't seem to know either, they looked excited but they weren't doing anything either.Only his father knew what was going on. and when he deemed the tree ready, Rekha's green eyes watched closely as he wrapped a strange thick green cord with something on it on the tree. Then he reached down pressed a button and suddenly all through there tree there was light, red and green and yellow and blue in a strange pattern.

Rekha heard the button click again and the lights began to blink some were on and some were off. Now the tree was special and worth attention, it must be part of something important but what.. and why hadn't someone gotten him anything to eat he had cried once already.

Though hungry the young copper haired boy was content to wait as he watched the rest of his family begin puttying various objects on the tree, some where shiny, some were plain some round some not, all of them were gently placed on the branches.

Somehow before he knew it Rekha had been swooped up into his fathers arms and with his hand grasped in his a clear ornament was placed onto the tree. Rekha wasn't sure how much of that was him or his father but he didn't care. even as he was set back in his playpen Rekha burbled happily and reached to cuddle his egg.

He watched the lights of the tree twinkled, listened to Anao and Owen laughed and suddenly the world became very fuzzy as as there were sleepy in his eyes and he couldn't quite get them fully open.

He still heard laughter but it was not of his siblings, still saw a decorated tree but it was not the same and music now there was loud cheery music all around him. Slowly the haze cleared and Rekha found himself staring at a very different scene.

He didn't know the people he saw, not a one of them. He didn't know where he was only that it war large and lit with fire, with candles and not the lights he saw at home. Still the place felt warm and safe.

People danced and milled about there were trees but they were not the center of attraction like at home. no theses people, they all stopped to fuss with and tend too .. well Rekha didn't know but he too was drawn to it.

There were candles set all over this pink and white stone, bowls of fruit and water and .. eggs. Rekha didn't know why but he wished he had something to put there , not that he'd give up own own egg though. Still in this dream like world he somehow moved closer to the object of his interest. He was almost there and then.

"Rekha"

"Rekha"

The young boy felt the word grow hazy again and when he could see he was home and brother was looking at him with concern. Happy to be back but confused Rekha just smiled and gave a small babble of nonsense to reassure Owen.

Left on his own again Rekha went back to watching his family and at the same time he kept trying to see the other place, there was something there he wanted if only he could figure out what.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:09 am
Happy Holidays

Pash sat on the couch and watched as his normally neat living room turned into a warzone. Paper and plastic flew everywhere, cardboard was ripped to threads and bubble wrap was burst loudly. All of this in Owen and Anao's effort to get to their presents as fast as possible Pash was pretty positive they'd lost the message of the season as the glee in their eyes was greater now than it had been at any point yet during the holidays.

Rekha, too young to really understand what was going on was cradled in his arms playing with a kangaroo plushie Pash had got him. the plush had a pouch that the boys egg fit it which allowed Rekha to snuggle something soft and keep his most precious item with him at the same time. Not as fancy as present as what the older children got but practical and reasonable for an infant.

Anao squealed a bit as she unwrapped two additional discs for the kareoke system Pash had bought earlier in the year. The young redheaded girl loved to sing, she wasn't the best at it but she did it often and it seemed to amuse her and her brothers.

Slate colored eyes narrowed and then widened as Owen turned a camera over in his hands slowly. He looked up at Pash curiously , clearly uncertain of what to make of the gift.

Pash just smiled " I'll teach you how to use it later" the Camera was one of the child safe ones, it could be dropped, be spilled on and carried everywhere without breaking. Still Owen was young and he'd need instruction on how to use it. Pash could use that instruction time to spend private time with his eldest son. The man still found it hard to divvy up his time well so this was his best way of ensuring that all his children got equal time.

The day wore on and by the end if it the living room was a sea of wrapping paper. All the children ended up in holiday outfits bought for them by Kishi and after a few bouts of sugar induced hyperactivity they had all settled down. A dvd had been popped in and the family huddled together on the couch watching the antics of a pair of animated fuzzy creatures.

User Image  

ladyumbra

ladyumbra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:25 pm
10/1/08

Time wears on and things are back to normal again. Anao and Owen are back in school, Owen's not allowed to take the camera there anymore unless he gives it to his teacher during class, so it's pretty quiet here during the day. Rekha isn't very fussy and seems content to cuddle me and his egg for the most part.

Our days are pretty slow, mostly him napping and my working in between meals. I enjoy the peacefullness of it all but I wonder if I will feel lonely when he too can go to school for the day and I am left alone with only my thoughts. even if he can't talk Rekha is a good listener and he always seems to nod , smile or laugh at just the right times.

Time wears on and for the moment everything is as it should be.

Pash

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:11 am
story time
summary: at the library with fai
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=11542685  

ladyumbra

ladyumbra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:48 pm
Time to grow up

Nothing can remain the same forever, for too live, to truly exist all things must change. This change can be undergone purposefully, voluntarily and even without notice but the fact remains that in time all things must change.

In this case change went for the most part unobserved. With his father napping Rekha was in his crib and was also supposed to be sleeping. However, it was very hard to do that when when your most precious treasure was falling apart. His dark green eyes were focused intently on the egg in his hands.

Dark crack lines were appearing in it's shell and heat seemed to pulse from it like never before. Rekha wasn't sure what was happening but he was too focused to utter any cries of confusion or distress. Instead he simply held the egg tiger and hoped that nothing bad was happening, he didn't know why but Rekha was deeply attached to this egg.

Suddenly the top half of the Grey shell broke off the rest of the egg and out popped the head of a small pure white kitten. It's yellow eyes locked onto Rekha's and as he stared into them the infant felt a surge of something familiar.

Moments passed and while neither Kitten for child moved there was an air of change about them. It would only be later that Rekha would realize that it was larger and stronger hands with which he held the kitten and that it was with a clearer and more eager to learn mind that he made these realizations.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:37 pm
Pash was in the midst of changing a squirming Rekha's diaper, potty training was going to begin as soon as the green haired man could find time to go out and buy one because as a toddler it was time for Rekha to learn, when the front door opened and he heard Anao shout “ Hey dad there's a baby in a basket on the porch with a note. She doesn't look too cold but she's squirming and fussing.”

Pash paused for a moment confused, a baby was left on his doorstep? Who in their right mind left a child out in this weather and why him of all people. He had just oped his mouth when his daughter walked into the living room followed by the newly older Owen who held the dark wicker basket carefully as if it were as fragile as the egg Rekha's feline companion had come in.

Jarred out of his funk Pash finished changing Rekha and let the annoyed boy roll away while he stood and approached Owen. Taking a deep breath the guardian angel peered inside.

January 30th, 2007

I do not know what my bosses want with me but I hope I can appease them soon because I fear I'm being taxed to my limit. While it was encouraging to have both Owen and Rekha grow withing days of each other it is also confusing and taxing financially. Certainly Rekha can wear some of Owen's cast off but they will need to be altered but Owen needs new clothing now as well as new school stuff , books and toys.

On top of this I have gained another child a small girl named Connor was left in my care today. Anao of course is thrilled she's wanted a sister for a while and I think she sees the stress I'm under since she's been keeping Rekha occupied all day while doing cleaning beyond her normal chores.

The girl, Connor is a sweet little thing with light grey hair, a green right eye and silver left one. She's been quiet so far but I think she's under some stress too. At least I still have all of Rekha's and Anao's old baby stuff for her, though I'll be moving the crib into my room so I can keep an eye on her at night. There's a lot of adjusting to be done though and things aren't going to be easy. Perhaps it's time to reach out to others. Tek has been missing for years but I have a few other friends who may be able to help me because I do not think I can do this alone.

~ Searching for Salvation

Pash

ladyumbra

ladyumbra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:17 am
Lazy day thoughts

Rekha sat on the couch and dangled a strip of purple ribbon over the edge to taunt Zephyr . The white kitten batted lazily at the ribbon but made no real attempt to snag it. Green eyes filled with amusement Rekha laughed softly “ laaaahzy” he teased drawing out the world as he continued to bounce one of Anao's hair ribbons up and down. The young boy had a feeling his sister wasn't going to appreciate it if her ribbon got torn but there were no other toys for Zephyr to play with.

Rekha didn't understand money at all only that you needed it for things like toys an apparently they had none. Thus he made do with whatever he found around the house. Although that was only for his kitten friend, there were plenty of things for him to play with regardless of them being his siblings cast offs.

Said siblings, Owen and Anao attended school all day which left him home and mostly bored. He remembered spending most of his time with his father but now that Connor was here there wasn't as much time for him. Still he did get some attention each day and Zephyr's undivided devotion.

Brushing a strand of copper hair back behind his ear Rekha leaned down to pet his lazy friend, enjoying the feel of his fingers on the luxurious silky white fur. He remembered him somehow and it didn't really make sense, looking into those slitted yellow eyes Rekha swore he saw something else.. someone else but it was hazy and no matter how hard he tried the boy couldn't figure it out.

It didn't matter though becuase just as he'd once had the egg Rekha now had Zephyr to keep him company and play with when bored. The two were quite the pair, quiet and unobtrusive they often simply sat and watched the world go by out the living room window. Though his father said that Rekha would start lessons soon since he had grown up too late to go to school this year.

His brother Owen would be teaching him which would be nice. Owen was also quiet and fond of taking things at a steady pace. It would be easy to learn whatever these lessons were from him, Rekha was sure.

Until then it was just him and Zephyr and the world they watched.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:40 pm
Story time again

link:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets-roleplay/prp-story-time/t.37523459/
Summary: Pash takes Rekha and Connor to the library to listen to a story.  

ladyumbra

ladyumbra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:51 am
Visitation

Pash was ecstatic to say the least, he had been contacted by his superiors and while his punishment was not yet over and he would not be regaining his wings quiet yet he would be given a special gift. His mother would be permitted to come and visit him for a month.

It had been far too long since Pash has seen or heard from either of his parents and while they were always capable of watching him and his makeshift family they'd never really been introduced. Their approval meant a lot to him and to have his mother there would been both frightening and yet a relief becuase he knew the woman, though long past her child rearing years would not hesitate to try and run the household as if it were her own.

Nevertheless Pash intended to put as little burden on her as possible and was already planning things for all of them to go see and do together to keep his mother from spending too much time in the house.

" What if she doesn't like us?"

Pash was jarred out of his thoughts by the sound of a nervous Anao's voice. The usually confident amber eyed girl seems distressed and was staring at a watch on her wrist as if the steady movement of the second hand ticking soother her.

With a smile Pash reached out and ruffled her cranberry red hair. " Your grandmother will like you" he reassured her " there's nothing not to like."

Anao only frowned and played with some of Connors hair . " But what if she doesn't. What if she hates us becuase.. becuase we're not really her grandchildren." Here Anao's voice dropped to a whisper.

Pash sighed softly " Family is more than blood Anao" he looked over at Owen and Rekha to make sure they got the message as well. " You're her grandchildren becuase you are my children blood or not. Beyond that you are good children and there is no reason for her not to like you. Just be yourself and i promise things will be fine."

Pash knew there was something deeper in all of this and he would need to talk with his children before his mother came but for now Anao seemed placated and the other children were voicing no concerns.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:56 am
March 2nd , 2008

Dear Journal,

So today was Owen's birthday and we had a fairly small party, Raven Arrikanez and her children were invited over to help us celebrate since Owen gets along well with her girl Madeline a fellow Eden project. Even with my mother we were still outnumbered greatly by the children but we kept them all rather well behaved. There was good food courtesy of my mother, games which all the children seemed to have varying luck with, and gifts bags given out at the end.

Even Connor joined in somewhat. I gave her a tiny bit of carrot cake mushed together so she could eat it. I'm not sure she loved it but she didn't spit it out or make an annoyed face at me meaning she didn't hate it. I tried to put a little party hat on her but she was having none of that and broke the elastic on it rather quickly trying to pull it off. I don't think she really understands birthday parties yet but at least she will be familiar with them when she grows.

All in all I think the day was a success.
Pash

ladyumbra

ladyumbra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:21 am
Shopping

Rekha reached up and brushed a stand of copper hair of his eye as he walked through the mall alongside his grandmother. Well not so much alongside as in front of. Even folded down the Seraphim had an impressive wingspan and that made walking in close hard he wanted to be tucked under a wing and holding her hand.

As much as Rekha had come to like her he didn't like hand holding with her, or anyone really. he did it when he crossed the street becuase cars so big and fast as they were scared him even when they were stopped. Who knew when they would jump forward again.

Other than that hand holding had never appealed to him, though eh wasn't sure why. maybe becuase usually when someone grabbed his hand he was being pulled somewhere. He wasn't very strong and even others his own age could yank him around easily

" Rekha do you want to pick up lunch or shop first". The young boy looked up at his grandmother and nibbled on his lower a lip for a moment. Lunch was always good even if it wasn't something she was making. On the other hand shopping was also nice. Not clothes shopping which he hated or grocery shoppign which took too logn buy toy shopping. which was why they were here.

Rekha didn't really understand the concept of money and how it all worked yet. He knew you had to give some to get things but not where it came from . He knew that some people had a lot and bought a lot of things and some People didn't and had nothing. As far as he could tell his family was in between with some things but not everything that they wanted.

His grandmother in her visit here had money was buying all of them things they wanted as gifts, not unlike the stuff Owen had gotten on his birthday. Anao had gotten clothes and a clock that she wouldn't let anyone else touch. It wasn't like her watches or anything else it was ' special' becuase it was a gift.

" Shopping" he replied softly. Special gifts were more important than food. he could eat anytime but he only had the time of this on trip to make the right choice in what he wanted.

An hour later found Rekha poised with a difficult decision to make. Already they had Gotten him some things, not that one special thing but things he liked and sort of needed. There were new shoes becuase his current ones were squishing his feet. They were a simple chocolaty brown with sticky stuff called velcro on them so he could do them up by himself. Rekha had chosen them over laced ones becuase he couldn't do laces and he wanted to be able to put on his own shoes.

In addition to shoes he'd gotten some new clothes including socks he had picked out on his own. They had some sort of magic that made them play music when he touched a spot on them called a note. He'd gotten five different pairs and was wearing one now walking through the mall with a song he didn't know playing from his feet.

Now though, at this moment he faced a tough question, which book did he want. Although he couldn't read the copper haired toddler knew he wanted book as his special present. He liked when others read to him it felt.. it felt the same as when he stared into zephyr's eyes, strange but like it was something he already knew and liked.

If Rekha got a big book as his present then others would read to him a lot and he would be able to figure out why he liked it so much and that the strange feeling meant. Plus maybe he could learn to read faster if he had his own book.

Green eyes narrowed he reached out and pulled a thick heavy book off then shelf. " This one please."

Looking up he saw his grandmother smile as she took it from him and read the back " There's a lot of different stories in this book and some nice pictures I think you made a great choice.

Rekha merely grinned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:46 am
at the zoo, rp with beth.

link of doom  

ladyumbra

ladyumbra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:21 pm
Toiling in the soil.

Small fluffy white seeds floated by Owen's face carried by the summer breeze and the breath of his little brother.

" Rekha stop that if you blow the seeds they'll just fall in the garden and grow and then they'll be even more of them." Owen wasn't mad so much as irritated and it showed with the pained tone to his voice. He'd been weeding the garden for an hour already and he had no desire to have the task be this bad again in a few weeks. Sure new weeds would grow and some of the smaller plants would need removing for the sake of the healthier ones but those were expected evils. Seeds that ended up planted by Rekha playing around was not on the list of things he wanted to deal with. Especially not when it was finally summer and Owen was free to spend his days as he pleased.

" It's pretty though and I'll come back an help I promise." As far as Rekha was concerned the seeds that flew off a dandelion when you blew on it were beautiful, so small and fluffy and they danced in the air like stars in the night. It was beautiful and calming especially after the hard vigorous work of helping Owen pull up weeds.

It wasn't that Rekha didn't want to help Owen, in fact he had found it fun to see who could get the bigger pile of weeds and they had talked a lot while they worked , about the weather about their family and sometimes just about random stuff.It had been really nice ( especially when Owen helped him pull out plants that had dug their roots firmly into the soil of the garden bed) but eventually had gotten boring and tiring.

With a sigh the young boy flopped onto his back and let his coppery orange bangs fall into his eyes blocking out the sun. " No more please?"

Owen sighed and looked at Rekha, the job was nearly done and would go faster with two of them but Rekha was still young and easily tired so pushing him wasn't really fair. Besides he'd been great company and help all morning and Owen didn't want to spoil his brother's mood after all he'd done.

" Ok just just stay there and I'll finish up."

" and then ice cream right" Rekha had been given ice cream money by their father for agreeing to help Owen. Not that he had required it in order to help it had been a surprise he'd gotten going out the door.

" Home, baths and then ice cream, I don't want dirt in it." Owen might be agreeable to gardening for the sake of harvesting food later but he still hated being dirty, hence why unlike Rekha he wore gardening gloves and brushed dirt off him as much as possible. None the less some clung to his clothes and even hair and ears, reminders of some of Rekha's overzealous weed pulling antics. all of that meant the possibility of tiny clumps of dirt falling in his food and Owen was having none of that.

" Fine" Rekha huffed softly and turned his attention to the large fluffy white clouds flitting across the sky.

Owen smiled , shifted few feet to the left and dug his gloved hand back into the sun warmed soil to finish the weeding.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:13 pm
escaping the summer heat
link : http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=12856583
summary:  

ladyumbra

ladyumbra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:20 am
August 7th, 2008

Dear Journal,

School season is approaching again. I've decided that Rekha is ready to go, he hasn't grown much lately but he seems to be maturing and is ready at the very least for pre-school or kindergarten classes. I think it will be good for him to socialize away from home. Being one of my more quiet children I can't really say I expect the house to be tamer while he's gone.Infact without him around to control Zephyr things may even get wilder.

Still it's time for him start learning and I know he'll enjoy it. Rekha has always been excited when Owen tried to teach him something. I wonder if perhaps he's jealous of his siblings ability to go to school. Either way it will all end soon.

Which reminds me to take them all school shopping soon. Connor will probably find it amusing even though she's too young to go. Maybe I'll pick up some sort of infant learning toy for her. Something Rekha can use to teach her with as well if he wants to.

Although he seems to be growing further away from her and closer to Owen. I'm not certain if it's becuase Owen can do more or if it's becuase he's a boy. Having no siblings I have nothing to compare with. I'll have to write my parents and ask them.

There's still so much they know about children that I think I never will. Still, each day gets a bit easier.

Pash

Diaries

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces