Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Teacher Appreciation day for math teachers?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bookaholic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:51 pm
In my school I'm in leadership and we have to think up ideas for what to give the math teachers. We have something like 20 math teachers at our school. I was thinking of doing something like origami, or those M.C. Escher designs... but I dunno. That would take too long, and I don't just want to give stuff like Starbucks cards.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:54 am
How long do you have to make stuff? How many people are helping? What kind of budget limitations do you have?  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

bookaholic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:44 pm
It'll be three teachers a month, which gives us some time... It's me and two other girls. Basically, though, we have to buy the supplies. The school will reimburse some of it, but we have to fill out a form for every single thing we want to buy BEFORE we buy it if we want to be reimbursed, which is a pain in the a**.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:06 pm
So its about one project to one girl a month... What kind of skills do you guys have? How much will the school reimburse?  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

~Viva~Per~Amore~

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:19 am
I would say give them a pie, since that is what my math teacher would give us on pi day. Yes there is such thing as a pi day.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:15 pm
~Viva~Per~Amore~
I would say give them a pie, since that is what my math teacher would give us on pi day. Yes there is such thing as a pi day.
That is actually a Really Really good idea
or maybe you could funky up a calculator, like get one of those giant ones then pull it appart then put it back together all color awesome
pin boards are functional and easy to decorate, paint the edges then glue some pretty paper over the top, but not more than one or two layers of paper or the pins won't go through easially
or you could make plush anything math related with felt

am I any help?  

I be me
Vice Captain

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:37 pm
~Viva~Per~Amore~
march 13.. (my anniversary as well xp ) I'm such a nerd sometimes, my friends and i celebrate pie day AND time. 1:59 on 3/14 is pie time. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:30 am
Origami's not that hard. You could easily make a couple different project for each teacher since you have 3 a month, right?

Or you could make those little paper star things and put them in a bottle. They're very easy to make (as long as you don't bite your nails! D; ) and they look cute when put into a small bottle. (You can even make a pattern in there like sand art. xDD But with tiny stars.)  

KotokoPlum

bookaholic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:50 pm
I be me
~Viva~Per~Amore~
That is actually a Really Really good idea
or maybe you could funky up a calculator, like get one of those giant ones then pull it appart then put it back together all color awesome
pin boards are functional and easy to decorate, paint the edges then glue some pretty paper over the top, but not more than one or two layers of paper or the pins won't go through easially
or you could make plush anything math related with felt

am I any help?
I like the calculator idea thanks heart  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:15 am
You could always do Knitty's Binary scarf. I bet the sequence would adapt to socks pretty easily.  

AriRashkae

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff