Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Time travel! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I invest in foriegn currecy? Everything's in the USD at the moment for me.
  Yes, the Euro
  Yes. *other curency*
  No.
  I don't know.
View Results

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:48 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
Why, simply the choice is Vanilla.
As for the matter involving time travel, I would chose to simply stay put.
Previously stated was the possibility of a "butterfly effect". That, I believe would happen at even the slightest alteration of history, past, present, or even future.

If you alter the past, you thus alter all of the future which is a massive change that could invariably affect the entire universe. Just as changing the future may as well do.

Staying put is the best option.
Besides, the Time Machine is a crappy ride.

But this raises the paradox argument, what if your meant to go back, to trigger a key event in history, but by not going back, you alter the present. But of course, then we enter into metaphysical territory regarding free will and what is the present.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:08 am
I'd go to the future, since I'd probably eff things up less there. sad  

UraniumMonk

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:03 pm
Rellik San
Macabre_Cogitation
Previously stated was the possibility of a "butterfly effect". That, I believe would happen at even the slightest alteration of history, past, present, or even future.

If you alter the past, you thus alter all of the future which is a massive change that could invariably affect the entire universe. Just as changing the future may as well do.

But this raises the paradox argument, what if your meant to go back, to trigger a key event in history, but by not going back, you alter the present. But of course, then we enter into metaphysical territory regarding free will and what is the present.
Although venturing into that topic would be highly interesting, I'd rather not.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:34 am
I'd go back in time but I wouldn't try to change anything. I'd just scratch the hundred year rule and go to all the great concerts!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:35 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
Macabre_Cogitation

I hate time travel paradoxes. I hate them so much.

The trick is to not think of time as linear. I just can't do it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:01 am
spooky_sez
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
Macabre_Cogitation

But time travel itself implies time isn't linear.  

Rellik San
Crew

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:51 pm
Rellik San
spooky_sez
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
Macabre_Cogitation

The Doctor put it best, "People assume that time is a straight progression of cause to affect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:51 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
Rellik San
spooky_sez
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
Macabre_Cogitation

The Doctor put it best, "People assume that time is a straight progression of cause to affect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff."
I think pratchett put it best actually, time is like an elestic band, you can change things, but in the end time will find its course again, maybe a little warped in places, but still the same stream of cause and effect.  

Rellik San
Crew

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:11 pm
Vanilla is way better. My favourite iced cream topping, Sprinkles, taste better with Vanilla

I'd like to travel forward. My rationale is that if I'm a freak in today's time, I'd be an even bigger freak in the past. If I get pitchforked before I can do anything going back in time is a waste.

I'd probably change how lazy people are going to become. Because technology is all about making conveniences and with the way we're going we all going to be fat lazy blobs in the future and I wouldn't like that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:05 pm
Laharl Part Deux

...I'd probably change how lazy people are going to become. Because technology is all about making conveniences and with the way we're going we all going to be fat lazy blobs in the future and I wouldn't like that.
That's actually a very good idea....why didn't someone think of that sooner?

Ironically we're using a computer to spread our ideas of eradicating laziness....  

Henneth Annun
Captain

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:03 am
XWraith_LordX
Laharl Part Deux

...I'd probably change how lazy people are going to become. Because technology is all about making conveniences and with the way we're going we all going to be fat lazy blobs in the future and I wouldn't like that.
That's actually a very good idea....why didn't someone think of that sooner?

Ironically we're using a computer to spread our ideas of eradicating laziness....

poppycock I send this through a mushroom.

I honestly fear I might be banned from the future so I'm not touching it with a 100 ft pole.

If there are future people they must have surely figured out that we would figure out how to try to come into the future and knowing that everything would get screwed up if we knew too much they found a way to stop it.

If not then we're all stupid in the future an I'm screwed good with my mushroom. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:05 pm
I think we should let them alone cause I obviously don't want to be banned.I think they should already know our plans to come and discover them.It really makes you wonder?so why bother them.hmm.... this really is making me think.You know what skip that almost everything I just said did'nt make sense. blaugh silly me  

Strawberry Bunny Magician

Umberella

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:54 pm
1908? I guess so. Just get your fashions right or you'll be mistaken for a street urchin when travelling through time.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff