Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Game Assistance and Talk
Vol. 3 Ovan First Fight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Herio907

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:14 pm
I brought Kuhn and Atoli. We where all at 125 and it was a decent fight. I used Beast Awakining a lot. What ever flots your boat.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:55 pm
I got the game the first day it came out XD without a reservation.

I was around 115 when i fought Ovan. I won without using L1(because I forgot all about it in 2 and 3 XP) I used the scythe move, Reaper's Touch(or any ranged-around-Haseo move) for all of the things that Ovan comes up with. Beast Awakening is much more useful against boss enemies on that note. Avatar awakening is really only useful for regular enemies. A useful item is the Boost candle, an item that double the recovery effects of healing items. That's pretty much all you need.  

Hidosai

Shialu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:41 pm
Bought 50 of each of those attack items, like the fire barrel or whatever Used them over and over until his health was at zero.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:55 pm

xDD I used the same tactic against Azure Kite.

Puppetry

vengeful retribution

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:13 am
XxGrieverxX
I have some tips. ;D

Use your avatar awakening only when he has his restore neighbors up, otherwise you won't be able to kill him fast enough and the restore neighbors before they fully cure him.

Get a lot of items and be the healer and stay far away.

When Ovan jumps in the air or starts to charge his laser, call your party members over to you with L1 and run away from the attack, then no one gets hurt.

Hope that helps

Thanks,
butnow i'm stuck on the 3 azures at grima lowe  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:16 am
Sauce-Kay
Like what Griever said, call your party members over with L1, and make sure both your party members are prepared with a lot of healing things. I bought them like 50 of each healing item in all the servers because I was paranoid and I had like 2 million GP anyways.

I brought Endrance and Atoli, and I was level 117, and I never died. So I think you're fine at level 120 or something. I almost died, but I was easily brought back to full HP.

The scene after you fight him made me cry. ;___;

That's one of the main reasons I love .hack so much, it's so dramatic D'=  

vengeful retribution

Shagami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:48 pm
My first try for ovan was level 112, I then died (almost had him once) I leveled to 120 and then finally defeated him only took 4 tries.
Good luck
make sure that your main team is around 120ish also make sure they have all life restoring spells as well.
my team was Haseo Atoli and Endrance everyone has all life restoring spells and reiving spells

Also abusing Avatar awaking is good xD when i feel like im not gunna get it, i switch to uh demon awaking i think it is and at lease take out those neighbor thingys  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:42 pm
i was told by a friend to get to level130 and go kill him like that...ive been at level121 for a few weeks because i had stopped playing but one of these days im gonna start again...  

The Ultimate Teddybear

Hitsuki_Indou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:44 pm
okay... uh let me remember.. ah! okay, pretty much just get to be one or two levels above that of the area's. Also, items such as fire barrel, holy arrow, etc work EXTREMELY WELL ON OVAN!!!! oh, and just try to keep your party closeby so they don't get hit by the laser-thing ovan shoots off.
for more help go to this one site called uh... www.livehelp.namco.com there is this guy there named Jesus who's played all of the games.

>since this is my first post: Harald Hoerwik. Ha! i actully read the rules for once!
>Why did ovan have to die?! *sobs*

well, that's about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:53 pm
oh well thanks for ruining the thing about ovan dying...or do you just mean he fell into a coma?aw crap does it matter?i always hated him...  

The Ultimate Teddybear

haseo9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:41 am
I usally do run around in a circle when ovan does his strong attacks then i kinda use some of my party members to attack head on and if they hit i attack right after. I remeber in vol.2 when i did this awesome combo attack with endrance orge sword and was it was haseos bone smash or swing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:38 pm
-_- want the easy way?

-get to lvl thirty
-destroy the neighbors with scythe/broad sword (the newnew skills you get)
- and beat the s**t outa him =]

as for the azures... uhmm wich place is that again? the Hul Granz Cathedral?

Edit: Has anyone beaten the game yet?  

Haseo626

The Ultimate Teddybear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:12 pm
you have to fight the azures in 3?aw crap...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:16 pm
wow. Interesting posts here.
I tried beating Ovan once. FAILED!!
But I'm gonna try again once I go back home.
So thanks to all who gave advice! I needed that!
^^
I'll re-post if I beat him.  

Hokaru11792

Game Assistance and Talk

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out