Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Clannad TV Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Last I heard, KyoAni is usually praised for the fact that they rarely deviated from the source material. I don't see why KyoAni would ruin that now and go for something original, especially when Haruhi 2, Clannad AS, and Little Busters are in queue.

But to be honest, KyoAni has never released two Key titles side-by-side. And with all of the Haruhi fans around, I personally think they'll do Haruhi 2 before they do Clannad AS.

That's just speculation, anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Exactly why I like KyoAni. Though, they strayed from the path a little with CLANNAD, it still worked out in the end.

And exactly 3nodding

But CLANNAD After Story is basically an add on to CLANNAD, so technically, yes, it's a new anime, but it's still the same visual novel.

But I understand your point. Haruhi is their cash cow, and I really doubt they'd wait to milk that ^_^;;

I'm really hoping either a surprise airing of Haruhi during the spring semester of anime or at least during for summer or fall semester @_@

And also, it's not Haruhi 2, it's a new Haruhi Suzumiya anime where she's not even going to be in there for the big arc of the serious until the end if their gonna follow the light novels ninja

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:42 pm
SirBaka
Exactly why I like KyoAni. Though, they strayed from the path a little with CLANNAD, it still worked out in the end.

And exactly 3nodding

But CLANNAD After Story is basically an add on to CLANNAD, so technically, yes, it's a new anime, but it's still the same visual novel.

But I understand your point. Haruhi is their cash cow, and I really doubt they'd wait to milk that ^_^;;

I'm really hoping either a surprise airing of Haruhi during the spring semester of anime or at least during for summer or fall semester @_@

And also, it's not Haruhi 2, it's a new Haruhi Suzumiya anime where she's not even going to be in there for the big arc of the serious until the end if their gonna follow the light novels ninja
Not necessarily. They need to animate Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody [They should have done it in the first season, but whatever.], or else John Smith will never be explained. I consider Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody part of the big arc, but you might not. Nevertheless, you're right about Haruhi being absent from most of Novel 4.

Of course, it depends on what your mindset is. She could very well be involved in a lot of it depending on how you view it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:58 pm
Of course. Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody and all the events that happened during it probably had to be one of the best parts of the series. I wouldn't have animated it during the first season. It would have felt out of place, and Haruhi Suzumiya was a surprise hit. I would think with only 14 episode budget, they didn't think it would be as big as it was now. For the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, I'm thinking a full 26 episodes, maybe spanning 52 episodes if they decide to animate the later novels as well.
(I wanna see Kugimiya Rie play Kuyou so bad x3 )

Did Kyon mention John Smith at all during the first season of the anime? I can't remember actually o-o;;

Well technically, wasn't it Yuki the one pulling the strings behind what was going on because she used some of Haruhi's power through their connection?

At least, that's what I got out of it o-o;;

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:27 pm
That's true. They probably didn't expect it to be a hit, so it would have made sense that they wouldn't animate Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.

Seeing as they announced Clannad AS, I can't see them animating 52 episodes of Haruhi.
I personally would like to see [hear?] Kana Ueda or Shizuka Itou, but I wouldn't mind her in Haruhi. ^__^

I don't think he did.

[Spoiler ahead. Don't quote this post.]
Actually, technically no one was pulling the strings. Yuki wiped her memory and made herself a normal human, so she couldn't be in control due to the fact that she didn't know there was an anomaly. It could have ended in a different way depending on Kyon, which wouldn't have been the case had she been in control. She was the cause, but she wasn't in control all the way through.

If I'm misunderstanding what you mean, then yes. She was pulling the strings, because she was the cause.

But that wasn't what I meant. I meant alter-Haruhi. If you consider alter-Haruhi the regular Haruhi [like I hope Saimoe will], then Haruhi is present. ^__^

If alter-Haruhi and alter-Yuki represent their normal selves, then blushing/smiling Yuki would do really well in Saimoe....

[Spoiler end.]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:35 pm
Probably the shows fame was acquired through the Hare Hare Yukai, but the light novel was the most popular light novel in Japan for a year (forgot which @_@) so who knows *shrugs*

Well, I can see CLANNAD AS being 13-26 episodes, but knowing KyoAni always getting their full story, 52 episodes of Haruhi is not out of the question.
Oooooh, I love both of them.

Kana Ueda would play a great Kuyou if she usesthe same monochromatic voice she did for Fumika in Shigofumi (The only role I know her well enough in besides Anna in He Is My Master and Sakuya in Hayate the Combat Butler...yeah...).

Shizuka Itou though? I love her personally, she has to be one of my favorites. As a Hayate the Combat Butler fan, I love her Hinagiku~
Anyways, I could see her playing Sakaki quite well, her calm and strong voice being perfect for the opposite to Haruhi.

Plus...I wanna hear her say boku x3

Ahh, I was sure he didn't. :3

[spoilers]
I understand what your saying, but possibly it could have been her will before it all happened and caused it to go that far, even with that anomaly. Possibly, she wanted to truly be human for a change? She wanted to give Kyon what he's been asking for, and well, he got it and didn't like it.

It's a domino effect. You could say the person who pushed the first domino wasn't the one who was controlling the whole thing, but he set it up and watched it all fall, even if he didn't know if it was going to be successful or not. In Yuki's case, there was a piece out of place. The key piece Kyon.

I hope that made sense sweatdrop

So yeah, she was the one pulling the strings basically. So yeah, it was a misunderstanding, but I can easily understand where you would get me wrong.

But compared to Yuki (and possibly Itsuki and Mikuru and their developments in a "normal" population), Haruhi was shown for a much shorter amount of time than the both of them, being the exact same as normal. Loud and eccentric.

So really, yeah, she's present. But not really enough to make as large of an impact, but she probably did influence Kyon's decision though. Oh well, it can be taken many different ways I suppose.

I had a fanboy heart-attack when I saw the picture of Yuki blushing and imagining her giving Kyon the literary club sheet to join. Dx

[/endspoiler]

I find it fun to discuss the novels with people x3

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:50 am
Hare Hare Yukai was the hook. ^__^
Although, maybe it was because Haruhi [Novel] was popular that KyoAni decided to animate it.

I'm thinking that Kyoto Animation wouldn't start with Novel 9 until 10 came out anyways. They fit 3 books into 14 episodes, so they could probably fit 6 into 26 episodes.

Monochromatic? To be honest, Kuyoh doesn't seem to me as monochromatic. She actually seems similar to Koizumi in my opinion, although her explanations seem to be a little bit simpler and without the need of metaphors. I'm used to her as Rin in Fate/Stay Night and Sakuya in HnG, but she played Kohaku in Tsukihime [I played the visual novel, but haven't seen the "There is no Tsukihime anime." If you don't know, "There is no Tsukihime anime," is an inside joke.], so that influenced my decision.

The Sky Canopy girl [forgot her name] seems more like the monochromatic type. I don't have a lot of experience with monochromatic voice actors, so I'm not sure who could play her.

You're right, Shizuka Itou would make a good Sasaki.
*Cough* My mentioning of her did not have anything to do with the fact that I'm a huge Hinagiku fanboy, by the way. *Cough*

How about Kenji Nojima for Time Traveler #2?
That was a random throwout. The only role I'm familiar with him in is Melty Blood, where he's Nanaya and Tohno Shiki, although apparently he plays as Tomoya in the Clannad movie, so it might work.

What you're saying is true. She was the cause because she wanted to try to be human [or something like that]. I think Kyon says something that implies that he felt that Yuki was getting tired of Haruhi, and the anomalies were emotions.

I see what you mean. I guess you can say that she was pulling the strings that way. I meant complete control, but if you mean just guiding the events, that works.

Actually, Kyon meets alter-Haruhi and alter-Koizumi at the same time. Also, alter-Mikuru avoids Kyon until alter-Haruhi pulls her in, so alter-Mikuru actually has the least amount of time, with alter-Koizumi and alter-Haruhi tied after and alter-Yuki the winner.

Hey, alter-Haruhi brings everyone together [the keys]. You could at least give her credit for that.

We also get to see dere-Haruhi after Kyon wakes up. ^__^
This is going to be a fun season.

I hope they animate Endless Eight and the Snow Mountain Syndrome. Those were interesting, and involved more of Haruhi's powers than the first season did.

Now that I think about it, the chances of them animating Novel 7 are pretty slim. It's just as long as Novel 4, and it's one entire story. It'll possibly be a season 3 thing, although they could fit it in the later half of Haruhi if they make 52 episodes.

[End spoiler.]

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:33 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

Oi....0cean....Oi!

Did you forget the reason for this thread being made?

So we could discuss Clannad without other topics being discussed at the same time in the same topic.

You have pretty much gone off-task at this point, this isn't a Haruhi topic, it is a Clannad topic.

In fact, didn't you make this thread yourself? So you should know.

If we wanna discuss Haruhi, we'll make a Haruhi thread. Simple as that.

...at least you have influence.

Onicept
Captain

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:37 am
Onicept; Hah, guess we got told. But still, conversation is being made none the less right? It would be better than a few

"clannad rules my sox"

Comments wouldn't it? Yeah, I get your point. This is a CLANNAD topic, Haruhi is not CLANNAD.

And Irony right there~

And maybe we should make a Haruhi thread o-o;;

0cean; Oh yeah, your comfusing Kuyoh and Kyouko. Kyouko is the ESPer, Kuyoh is the alien domokun

I'd love to continue this discussion, but I suppose we have been shot down x3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:50 am
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*Pat* *Pat* *Pat*

0ceanblue made this thread with the intention this would be a Clannad only thread.

That is why it has its own individual thread, and was made by 0cean.

...at least you have influence.

Onicept
Captain

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:47 pm
True. I got distracted.

Maybe I should just rename this thread, "Kyoto Animation Project Discussion and Speculation thread". ^__^

Or I'll wait until the game is translated and discuss Clannad then.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:19 am
There is going to be a special OVA just for Tomoyo. Tomoyo's fans rejoice.

ANN  

00NINE-1
Crew

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:38 pm
Banzai! mrgreen  
~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10