Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims (Original)
The Sims Complete Collection? Anyone else got it?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neo Princess Emeraude

Intellectual Mage

14,475 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:50 pm
I have gotten the Sims complete collection for my computer. I can't get later versions, my computer won't run them. I am having a BLAST though! It has 8 expansions including all the extras and sim maker. So very cool! If there is a thread for this subject already please point it out.

This is the very first Sims game I am playing...though I do have a couple for my old gba. I love the possibliites and have to experiment a bit more so that I can get to know the game even more. Just gotta love the default families...they are fun to watch and play with. biggrin heart

Anyone who wants to chat about this collection, post a few hints, tips or anything abour this expansion please do. I need all the help I can get. blaugh biggrin Many thanks in advance. cool  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:30 pm
My comp is the same way but sadly I have Sims2 and the university expansion before I knew it stopped working.
Sims collection is a lot of fun but relationships and grades are hard to maintain in the game  

goddess_oraorchid

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:30 am
That's the sims 1, right? I got it for Christmas, and I only recently stopped playing it, as I got the sims 2 (yay!)

Basically, I found that, unlike the sims 2, I can NOT for the life of me keep them from having terrible moods, even if I have all the best items and no work. They always need something, because the decay for their needs is too rapid. I once heard somebody say, "Walking from the table to the counter wipes out their comfort." And while that isn't COMPLETELY accurate, it certainly is closer to true than it would be in TS2.

I have a couple of items that I got off the internet that help me with these problems. The Sims Resource has a good rejuvination chamber, and if you get the TS1 version, it works fine. (The TS2 version worked less fine on my version of TS2 and often caused the game to crash)

Other than that, I find some of the expansion packs more fun than others. Makin' Magic was my favorite, with Unleashed as my least favorite because the pets were so boring.

If you want your kids to grow up, there's a charm from makin' magic that will let you do that. It's not the same as TS2, because the way they look as an adult is totally random. I had one child that grew up into an old lady, when her parents both look very young.

Sorry if it's a bit much, or not what you're looking for.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:19 pm
I have the Complete Collection, and I was playing it for a long while until I got addicted to Sims 2... sweatdrop Let's just say it's really hard to go back to Sims 1 after you've played the second.
Although I do like a lot of things in the first one. X3  

LinkGirl

Neo Princess Emeraude

Intellectual Mage

14,475 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:11 pm
Thanks for the info and stuff guys. biggrin heart I shall try out the stuff and hopefully sims2 will get interesting expansions too.

I think the kitties in the expasion are cute. Though I don't understand how to get thier moods up either. I shall have to check out the Sims rescource and see what I find there. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:17 am
Yea, I got that. It's pretty good. But i had to uninstal it once I got my sims 3erd expantion pack (nightlife). My computer lagged way too much, and it still does. I just wish that they'd bring out a Sims 2 compleat collection. It would make things alot easier to download.  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Neo Princess Emeraude

Intellectual Mage

14,475 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:48 pm
Maybe they will come out with it now that they are going to have Sims 3. biggrin

Most of the download sites are subscription sites! eek crying So I guess I won't be getting any free stuff for my sims any time soon.... stressed I guess I understand why, costs and everything...but still I can't afford it. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:09 am
I have it but I took it off to install sims 3 ...
maybe I'll put it back on someday.

And, I would like sims 2 complete collection too!  

mis_3a

12,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rez Highwind

Inquisitive Explorer

6,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:56 am
I have the complete collection too after my deluxe went kaputz and it was a fair price. I haven't had the time to really sit down and fiddle with everything but from what i played so far its interesting.  
The Sims (Original)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games