Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:50 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Gypsy Blue
Jameta
I''m more of a ''solid ground'' person, myself, though.

I can definately understand that. It''s one thing to put your belief in something, and quite another to do so blindly.
No, really, I like keeping my feet on the ground. o_O

I''m just kidding, I know what you mean. razz
xp No airplanes for Jameta...

I'm sure I heard somewhere that there were ruins found off the coast of....Greece? No, not Greece....I can't remember.

Anyway, ruins of a civilization that was thought to be lost after volcanic activity sunk it.
Oh, I don't mind planes, at all. It's boats that I tend to have a problem with.

And yeah, the one with the volcano, I think that's the one.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:29 am
Pompeii? It makes me shudder to think of it- can you imagine being buried alive in lava? Those poor people... -_- Personally, I don't like even going near volcanoes- my sister lives up near Mount St. Helen's and keeps trying to take me there for sight-seeing whenever I visit. There is no freaking way that I'm going to go stand on a volcanoe which has already once blown its stack without warning- especially not with all the smoldering it's been doing lately.^_^'  

WebenBanu

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:44 am
WebenBanu
Pompeii? It makes me shudder to think of it- can you imagine being buried alive in lava? Those poor people... -_- Personally, I don't like even going near volcanoes- my sister lives up near Mount St. Helen's and keeps trying to take me there for sight-seeing whenever I visit. There is no freaking way that I'm going to go stand on a volcanoe which has already once blown its stack without warning- especially not with all the smoldering it's been doing lately.^_^'
No, no, it wasn't Pompeii- it was bigger than Pompeii. One could see the explosion from the Egyptian shore.

Volcanos do not bother me much, as I've lived a while in Washington... and I'm not in any major path. It's Super Volcanos, meteors, etc., that make me depressed and loose my appetite for Discovery Channel. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:30 am
Living in Montreal, I think the only natural disdaster I have to worry about is the ice caps all melting, and completely flooding the island  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:09 pm
We're supposed to have earthquakes here in CA- I've been through three of them but only actually noticed one, because they were all fairly minor and I was laying on top of really wiggly dogs during two of them. My world was already shaking enough as it was, and I wouldn't have even noticed the quakes if I hadn't seen things which were hanging on the ceiling start to sway. The first one was really cool, though- I was taking a bath at the time, and suddenly the entire room started to vibrate. It was like being in a jacuzzi.^_^' I'd never experienced an earthquake before, so it took me a while to figure out what had happened.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:03 am
I've been in a few earthquakes, having lived in California, and now in Washington State. The one I remember most was when I was in middle school, eating lunch; everyone thought someone was shaking the table, until we all looked up and saw the sound-thingies swinging, and we were all like, "Ho s**t! Earthquake!"

Naturally, cafeteria tables are not meant to be protection against falling objects- I could barely get under it.

I guess there was a kid in gym trying to rebuke something from a teacher (like a trady or something), and the teacher said he would only dismiss it if there was an act of God... after the earthquake, he through away the tardy/whatever slip. whee  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:17 am
Jameta
I've been in a few earthquakes, having lived in California, and now in Washington State. The one I remember most was when I was in middle school, eating lunch; everyone thought someone was shaking the table, until we all looked up and saw the sound-thingies swinging, and we were all like, "Ho s**t! Earthquake!"

Naturally, cafeteria tables are not meant to be protection against falling objects- I could barely get under it.

I guess there was a kid in gym trying to rebuke something from a teacher (like a trady or something), and the teacher said he would only dismiss it if there was an act of God... after the earthquake, he through away the tardy/whatever slip. whee
That's great! whee  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces