Reply Team Aekea Welcome
The audacity of some people.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonic Butterfly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:42 am
Well, whenever I get scam email's I usually send some reply just to see what kind of response I get. This time, I got particularly lucky.

Sonic Butterfly
Happy Bagel
Sonic Butterfly
Happy Bagel
Sonic Butterfly
Happy Bagel
hey i was just wondering if you would check out this really cool bump thread thanks here

So, what kind of b***h sends out links to poor, unsuspecting users? That's right. You. <********. I hope you don't have an attachment to this account.

i dont its not my account

*gasp* Go figure. A scammer using another person's account? Well ain't that the dickens. I can't believe you had the balls to reply. You're either really brave or really retarded.

Eat s**t and die.

i'm Both XD plus i'm actually the first gaia scammer so yeah noobs that dont reply make it look like there hacking plus i meet alot of people from hacking 1337

Sure you are. Do me a favor? When you get near a sentence that actually makes sense, go ahead and type it out. It's quite liberating.

And since you don't have the brains to use proper grammar or spelling, I'm just going to take you for the poser b***h you are. How pathetic are you that you have to steal people's accounts and send out scams to people? Earn your damn s**t like everyone else. Cocksucker.
I hear you calling and it's needles and pins
I want to hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

a*****e. What really got me was the air of superiority.

I'd like to shove that confidence right back up his a**, stupid p***k. >.<

Don't want to touch you but you're under my skin
I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:26 am
the pictures are a little hard to read but they are still readable, just click on them.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/journal.php?mode=view&post_id=12725341&u=6785715  

Garret Issacs
Vice Captain

Sonic Butterfly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:42 am

Wow, your guys modis operandi is so similar to mine. xD Think they're in the same "special needs" class?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:26 pm
I have a hard time believing that he got all of those expensive items from a stupid Gaian. I mean as soon as you get something expensive and rare you do as much as you can to protect it.

Oh I love stringing them along. It just upsets me to know that they have scammed some poor people, but then again if you are foolish enough to reply while that big red box that tells you that a mod would never ask for your password is right before your eyes then I have little pity. But I have three that are in my hall of fame or at least my favorites.

Account BanN-P-C
We are sorry to inform you but your account has been brought to our attention. Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaia Moderator, we dont normally ask for this information but to clear your report we need to. If you fail to cooperate then you agree to these charges and we will take steps in closing your account. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested.

Password:

Once your account has been verified that its free of faults, your e-mail provider will be notified when your account investigation is over. We thank you for your patience. If you do not reply in the next 24 hours there will be a 6 month ban.

Please do not submit PM reports for swearing, attitude, or issues not covered in the Gaia Online ToS. Additionally, please do not submit this form multiple times for the same PM, abuse this reporting tool, or spam this form with meaningless information.

PM: 5247260.09381487
Sincerely, [NPC] Account BanN-P-C

I like this one because of the effort made but the stupid part is trying to convince me that a NPC a none playable character would be acting as a Mod.  

Lady Bern

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Bern

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:28 pm
MyTreatx
I will trade you 1 of my items in the inventory below for your Thank You Letter for August 2007

~) No begging!
~) No more than 1 item!
~) I wont be your friend!

The items to pick from:

FAQ
Why are you doing this?
~) I want to give to those who have earned it.

Why you want my item?
~) So I have more to give away.

Why dont you give the rare items to your friends?
~) Im rewarding the Gaians that deserve it.

Why giftboxes?
~) When you open a giftbox, theres a small explosion of joy inside you.
~) That and i have to know that you trust me

If you dont trust me or you think im a scammer go ahead and report me. I'm sure theres someone else who wants these items.

Just trade and put what Item you want for your item

The part that I've made bold is the biggest hint that this is a scam. They'll send you some crappy starter item Then switch to a different account before you can report the scam.

In hind sight I should have started the trade then cancel it just to get their hopes up then piss them off.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:31 pm
This is by far my favorite! I sent the PM to my mule account and reported the person before deciding to see just how far they would go.

Demon of t
Gaia Online Official Admin Private Message

We are sorry to inform you but your account has been brought to our attention. Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaia Moderator, we normally WILL NOT ask for this information but to clear your report it is direly necessary. If you fail to cooperate then you agree to these charges and we will take steps in closing your account. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested.

Username-

Password-

E-Mail Address-

We are not trying to scare you. We are simply trying to clear your name if you have falsely reported. Once your account has been verified that it's free of faults, your e-mail provider will be notified when your account investigation is over. A new verification code will be sent to your registered e-mail address. We thank you for your patience. If you do not reply in the next 24 hours there will be a 6 month ban.

Please do not submit PM reports for swearing, attitude, or issues not covered in the Gaia Online ToS. Additionally, please do not submit this form multiple times for the same PM, abuse of this reporting tool, or spam this form with meaningless information.

PM: 5247260.09381487
Sincerely, Investigation Team 19
Mod # 182

I sent a false password: Wuderfllnesss (because it looks like a very careless typo, and typed with a LOT of typos which is hard to do when I type like I'm some sort of grammar nut.)

This is how the conversation went:

Demon of t
Pineapple Lifesaver
Demon of t
Pineapple Lifesaver
Demon of t
Please send the correct password or we will have to take action.
Thank you

That is the correct password. Please don't close my account.

You sent "Wunderflnesss" is this correct? Or is it maybe Wunderfullness, or something else. "Wunderflnesss" does not work.

Yes. I'm sorry my fingers slip on the keyboard.
But please can you tell me what I did so I don't do it again in the futrue? I don't want to lose my account. My sister helped me so much with it.

Can you please type the correct password again, the new one isnt working either.

After a few tries of unsuccessful log ins either that IP was banned or that account was finally banned after the report. So they switched accounts and continued this is how it went.

kittykat330
Pineapple Lifesaver
kittykat330
Pineapple Lifesaver
kittykat330
Hello sir, I just mailed you today about your account on my other Mod account " Demon of t". Just giving you a heads up to mail me on this account instead. Mine is undergoing changes so i have to switch for a little while. The password you send me is still wrong. Send the correct password or you agree to receive a ban.

I don't undrstand my password works justs fine for me. It should be working.
Please dn't ban my account. Please! My sistre and my gilrfreind will kill me she set this all up for me! Please I'll donat if I have to just to keep it open.

Ok, heres what i want for you to do. SLOWLY type your password word for word (and make sure you capitalize everything that needs to be). Then send it.

Wonderfullness.

Thank you for giviing me a second change to fix this. I realy dont know what I did to get reportde.

Ok sir, I do not know what is going on. It is not working. There is one last thing i can do to save your account, you must give me the email you signed up on gaia with, and you must give your email password. then i will most certainly be able to save your account.

I haven't heard from them again.  

Lady Bern

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Sonic Butterfly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:29 pm

Oh my God... that last one is great! xD I love it when they respond.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:41 am
I think all their first mistakes were to respond to the initial PM. once they do I mean common clearly they are not staff. besides, looking back on mind I thought it was funny how he stopped trying to convince me after his first PM  

Garret Issacs
Vice Captain

Lady Bern

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:00 pm
I know. 1. A mod would never answer a PM that quickly. 2. As said before a notice of banning would be delivered via E-mail (although once I did get a scam notice through e-mail for a mule account I had just created something about applying to be a mod.) Then there's the usual name in color and all.

And what's great is that yesterday I was in the CB and found one of those links that sends you to a false sign in page. All you have to do is read the address bar and click on one of the so-called links and see where it will take you. I love reporting them.

But there was one time I wanted to find a hacker and thank them. They hacked someone who was my friend who I lent an item to and she sold it then blocked me. Where as I lost one item, they took all of her stuff, she hasn't been on Gaia since then. twisted Yes I'm vindictive, sue me.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:56 pm
My favorite ever was when I convinced them I had another super rich account and I was begging them to "just take this one".

:]

That guy didn't like me very much by the end of that conversation.

EmeraldFury
Captain

22Tsuji22

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:26 pm
lol people are really dumb...i have never had anyone ask for my password...

that was pretty funny to read though...you think that they would have caught on that you knew they were a scammer person  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:45 am
Nah, they always have this since of arrogance that makes them think they are so great.  

Lady Bern

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Gunr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:45 pm
All freakin hilarious! rofl I guess I should be glad that I don't look rich, or somebody might have tried to pull that $h/t on me!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:47 pm
lol yeah, my sister has had people ask her for gold cause she has like a lot of monthly collectibles....but thing is she like has to save up for like a month or so xD to actually get them  

22Tsuji22

Team Aekea Welcome

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff