Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
Autorun - Can't Install Game

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yumi Angel I

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:25 pm
★★ I'm trying to install the Sims on my sister's computer (for the past years - four times) and it's finally failed on me. I can't play Sims on mine because my video card is busted and I'm not ready to buy a $100 video card, again.

On my sister's computer, it pops a window saying;

"A problem has occured when trying to transfer the file 'E:/Autorun/Autorun.bmp' from the media

Do you want to copy the file, or cancel installation"

I tried clicking retry, but it just pops up again. I've even put in 'E:AutorunAutorun.bmp' in the 'Run' box, but that doesn't work either. Is there a way to just avoid autorun?

Help is appreciated! I think I've heard of this problem before, but I guess I'm too dumb to remember how to fix it. Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:30 pm
Sorry I'm of no help;

I had a problem similar to that because the older computer, a 98, I had just could not read the second disc while installing and kept popping up as an error. I tried over and over and it just wouldn't do anything so I finally gave up and couldn't play the Sims 2 for months because the other computer would barely even start up.

Those were a sad couple of months.

I wish you the best of luck in finding the problem. 3nodding

Edit: Maybe it would help if you put what type of OS it is, many people have had many problems on different Operating Systems.  

AngelKeeper2k1

Pollination Technician
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:56 am
Your CD may be dirty, scratched, or damaged.

To clean use a dry, soft, clean cloth that is as lint and fiber-free as possible (a clean cotton tee-shirt generally works well). Hold the disk from the center and the edge, and wipe from the center outward. Repeat until you've covered the disk.

You may need to use a disk repair kit. You can purchase these at most computer stores for a relatively low price. These kits can try to fix imperfections in the coating on a disk, which can help if your disk is scratched or otherwise damaged. They come with instructions on how to use them, and may be worth trying.

If non of that works, you'll have to get replacement CD's.  
The Sims 2 Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games