Reply 3: Starrin and Styling
Girlfriend/Boyfriend tips

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hatepreps53

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:45 pm
Im not a good girlfriend and I cant keep a boyfriend longer than 3 days...so I was wondering if somebody could help me out and mayb others cause I need help. Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:52 pm
Three things:

1. Communication.
Good communication is essential in a relationship. If you can't talk about anything, then the relationship will fail.

2. Standards.
Make sure you have high standards and only go for guys who are good enough for you.

3. Confidence.
Be confident. Confidence is sexy. If you're going around thinking "I'm a bad girlfriend" it will show in your demeanour, and guys generally don't like insecurity.

Hope that's helpful.  

SilverTalion

daydream11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:41 pm
Don't bounce!

If you're always searching for a guy and bouncing from one so-called crush and/or relationship to another, how do you expect to know what's worthwhile and what isn't? Take your time and development real friendships with the guys around you, and allow yourself to get to know someone before deciding if you want to pursue something more with them.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:24 pm
Both of these ladies have good points. I would like to add one more thing to it though.

Be honest! Never be someone you aren't for the sake of another.

If a relationship means this much to you, make it an experience worth it.  

Mirela_Narsica

shani26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:53 pm
Just be yourself, it works for me. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:00 pm
OK as a guy (yes I know female avatar, she's cute, so I'm allowed ^-^') and as a guy with super high standards, as in I get made of fun of because my standards are so high from everyone, even my own girlfriends, I have a few things that you should pay attention to.
1. Have high standards. Don't just go for the next guy who shows interest in you.
2. Only date friends. As in if you haven't known the person for long enough to call them a friend then don't date them, you don't know them well enough.
3. Don't date just to have a date, I've had two, I got with the first at age 15 and it lasted 2 years, the second one lasted for a year and I'm sort of 50/50 on whether to get back with the first or not (complicated lol) and I waited until I was ready and until I felt like it was pointless to NOT date. That is why it worked, we had been beyond friends, everyone knew that, but we weren't dating because it hadn't passed the invisible line.
4. It's a two way road, both give, both receive.
5. Talk about your relationship, often. Be willing to compromise for them, and be willing to hear stuff you don't like at all.
6. A fight doesn't mean it's over, this follows the rule of if it seems too good to be real, it is.
7. Kissing isn't required, and a large number of people don't kiss until they may kiss the bride.
8. Time alone from each other is required, you need to spend time with friends family school jobs hobbies etc.
9. If you do decide to kiss, remember that if they really love you they'll wait for anything else.
10. Be yourself, they'll figure it out eventually, just hope you don't find out when it's too late who they really are. If they don't like you for you then you have only two options, A fix it if it's something that's broken, otherwise B they aren't compatible.
11. Do special things for them, even if it's something small it makes such a difference because it's you doing something special for them.
12. Don't date them unless every time you see them you want to shout out that you love them. That's the invisible line. It'll start driving you insane, and don't hide it, just tell them.
13. Don't lie/hide your feelings from anyone, ever. If I think a girl is pretty/beautiful/cute I'll tell her, even if I don't know her. This is how I met both the girls I've dated. So just tell guys that you think they're handsome/cute (sorry can't think of any other words that should be used)
14. Keep your respect about. Hot/sexy are demeaning words. They don't show respect for you. If a guy really cares he'd use beautiful, which is why it's used so often, we reserve it for when we're stunned. And if a guy tells you he's stunned, believe him, he's understating it and his mind has been completely wiped blank so don't expect other comments to come until he's sorted his mind around you.
15. F$<&ing accept compliments, it's not cute to argue, even if you disagree just accept you, a compliment is a nice way to show you care, if he argues with you when you compliment give him a hug, he's obviously feeling like he's not worthy of you. And remember, guys don't want to upset you by arguing with you, so if you argue with them about whether you're pretty they'll stop saying it so you won't argue. But yes, just accept the compliment. A hug/thank you is good too.
16. Offer to pay every so often. I personally wouldn't let a girl pay, but if she never offers it'll feel like she's scamming/doesn't care, and if when you offer he doesn't at least offer some resistance to it then it's not a good sign, it's built into guys that they are to pay. If you want to know what you can spend money on, buy nice things that WE'LL like on you. If you know a guy likes black things buy a pretty pair of tight (but not too tight) black jeans and tell him you bought it to wear for him. They say it's the thought that counts and if you're A thinking of him, B spending the money on him, and C dressing for him, that's just wow, awesome.

I can't think of any more right now, but I'd suggest talking to an ex and ask why/how it went sour, but only if you followed the above rules in making the relationship, because likely it was something big that happened if you follow them. Oh and one last thing, never shoot down their masculinity, this includes, but is not limited to, direct shots at their manhood, saying that another guy would make a better husband/father/boyfriend than them, and anything along those lines.  

Arenlor

Uraiko Adlum

2,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:00 am
hatepreps53
Im not a good girlfriend and I cant keep a boyfriend longer than 3 days...so I was wondering if somebody could help me out and mayb others cause I need help. Thanks

what do you think your doing wrong that drives them away?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:45 pm
honestly i dont kno wat i do wrong.
i dont bounce.
i am a bit quite..sometimes..i get rly shy sometimes
thanks everybody i got all this in my head
=]

hatepreps53

-wasabi-crunch-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:31 pm
All I have to say is, every one is different. But I'm glad that you posted this. I tend to have some whacked out relationship issues. So this really helped me alot too! <3  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:02 am
hatepreps53

you should be honest to him... dont do the things he hate but its no use when ur just being you... thats the best!! just be you and you should have common things and talk about it... if he still breaks up with yah he's not worth it darling... go find a much better prson ^^  

oOFuniPuniOo

3: Starrin and Styling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff