Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
LOOM OF DOOM!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you use a Knitting loom?
yes
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
no
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
what's a Knitting loom?
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Dolly_Dear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:25 pm
okay who here has discovered the joys of using a knitty knitter wheel? don't know what i'm talking about? okay quick explanation for those of you who have not idea what i'm talking about.

a loom wheel is pretty much a small plastic hoop with pegs on it and you pretty much weave a scarf or hat on it. So happy i got one, i made a hat in like 2 days!!!! it's too small but lucky for me i have another wheel that's bigger and i'm making another one.

anyway, just wanna know who out there has one.

oh yeah and one of these days i'll learn to knit a pattern from the wheel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:39 am
I've seen those before, but I have no desire to use them. If my carpal tunnel gets too bad though, I might switch to using a loom.  

knitting_needle_ninja

a work of art

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:34 am
i have seen those in the store and wondered about them. are they easy to use. i have 2 14 yr old daughters.. do you think they would like that? I have a hard time teaching my one daughter because she is left handed.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:24 pm
I have one and the only thing I have made is a hat... but my sister stole it and used it to play with,.. sweatdrop oh well, It was too small anyway, I like mine though... @a work of art: I think they would  

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:27 am
I have about five that I sometimes use. When I first discovered it, I called knitting for the blind, because one could just basically do it without looking at it. Then I put it down for a while. I just recently picked it back up and have a wool hat in the making. *nervously glances over at it and reallizes that he hasn't touched in over a week.* I can tell you that it can be quite fun, but it's not my favorite. I would prefer to crochet a hat rather than knit one.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:36 pm
a work of art
i have seen those in the store and wondered about them. are they easy to use. i have 2 14 yr old daughters.. do you think they would like that? I have a hard time teaching my one daughter because she is left handed.

i don't know, maybe, because all it really is, is just weaving and pulling loops over one another  

Dolly_Dear

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:51 am
a work of art

To do it left handed, she just has to go backwards. Example, if I had my loom that is number (1-32) to do it right handed I would go from peg 1 to peg 2 so on and so on. To do it lefty, I would hold it in my right hand and wrap the yarn from peg 32 to peg 31 to peg 30 ect. or in other words, to do it lefty, you go counter clock wise.
HOpe that helps!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I would like to buy a large one for hats. Seems to be to be a quick way to finish a hat.  

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100

taligator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:13 pm
I've heard it's quite tedious to use ... do you feel so?

~Tali  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff