Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Yarn disasters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:48 pm
Ouch, I'm sorry that happened! Pets and yarn, generally not a great mix. My kitty has been good about staying away from my yarns, but she did bite the tips off of my addi bamboo dpns.. that was a nightmare.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Oooof, my cats bite the tips off of any bamboo needles I leave laying around too >.<  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Aki Yasu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:03 pm
When I just started knitting, I bought a ball of black silk to make into lace jewelry. I have a dog who was two months old at the time and, well... there was no hope for my project, needles, or ball of silk, by the time I got it back. Taught me really fast not to leave things laying around with him in the house, and I haven't bought wood needles since.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:29 pm
Only once have my cats played with yarn.

Although recently, one of my cats tried to eat a sewing pin... D:  

Ko Ko Skyeee

claviclebone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:29 pm
I dropped my yarn basket. All of my yarn unravled. I had to roll it up all over again. It took me hours. emo  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:43 pm
Here is a desaster for ya. I stayed with my mom last summer for a month. Well I started a baby afgan while i was there and I had it put away. We went to church and when we got home. My female kitty had carried the yarn yarn up 2 flights of stair, leaving a trail behind her. Into the kitchen, around the table back to the living room around the chairs in there like 3 times and back to the kitchen, than back down one flight of stairs to the front door where my mum found the yarn. What a mess. I was so ticked off that I almost throught the yarn away. my hubby got it and rewond the scain for me. I wanted to kill the cat but I just couldnt. She still like to go down stairs at my home and drag my daughters close and blankets up from her room. Enjoy your readings Tamie  

tamaja

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:08 pm
User Image The evil Mr. Jack Fluffkins does not look like he could destroy an entire yarn stash, but let me tell you... he can. And I'm really poor and cheap as hell, so I don't buy yarn, I buy sweaters from goodwill and get an entire sweater's worth of yarn for $2. But when you do that, you spend a lot of time unraveling, tieing, rolling, and essentially frogging that sweater and making it yarn again. I mean hours and hours. That this little b*****d ate.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:25 pm
I haven't heard a story like that of Mr. Jack in a long time, that made me laugh a bit.

I had a similar issue to yarn being dragged around a house but instead of up and down stairs our apartment was turned into a spider web.  

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items