Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Funky Faery-inspired Clothing - a must knit!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rune and Raccoon

Questionable Cutesmasher

12,750 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:42 am
Senjo Clothing

When I saw this line of clothing it opened up a whole brainstorm of DIY-ness! "I can make that!" -or- "I want that!" I kept finding myself saying over and over again. So...what does this have to do with knitting? Well, my fellow crafta's I am taking on the challenge to reproduce the Yosei Bolero! I searched through my stash of knitting magazines for the perfect base pattern to alter - finding a tie-front bolero from the Summer 2007 Knit.1 mag. I have decided that all I have to alter are the sleeves (making them longer) and adding a dramaticly long pointed hood. Simple!

Has anyone else ever attempted alterations like these? If so, please do tell!

Discuss: pattern alterations, trials and errors  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:18 am
Those are awesome!

I can't say I have any pattern alteration stories, since I don't/can't use patterns. I'm either gifted or mentally challenged in that way, depending on how you look at it.  

knitting_needle_ninja

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:46 am
Oh my, I am in love with the site you posted. I wish I could help you out with the alterations but I'm just a beginning knitter and still can't make anything more complicated than a rectangle yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:19 am
ForestGreen
Oh my, I am in love with the site you posted. I wish I could help you out with the alterations but I'm just a beginning knitter and still can't make anything more complicated than a rectangle yet.

That's alright! The hood is coming along quite well. In fact it is sort of going to be a huge triangle! biggrin  

Rune and Raccoon

Questionable Cutesmasher

12,750 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items