Reply Newcomers
Whats in a Vikings name?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eilifr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:55 pm
I have nothing better to do while I am home, and unabel, for now, to become more involved. So... I thought I would work on a persona while at home, and am needing a bit of help...

http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/names/norse/vikbynames.html

http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/scandinavian.shtml

I am trying to come up with a name, I figured it would be the best place to start, I know a vikings name is their given name and something that describes them, however, I am unsure of the given name and how it is combined with the descriptive bit... Here are some describing things I liked...

inn mjovi - slim
inn ungi - young
beytill - banger (Some people have commented on this aspect...)
gandr - witchcraft, scorcery
haustmyrkr - autumn (early) dusk
kottr - cat
Magr- - Thin-, Skinny-
Mana- - Moon-
refr - fox
sloekidrengr - slender as a youth

Someone PLEASE help me!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:43 pm
Oooh, I like inn ungi refr. I don't have any idea if that's how it would really be put together, but I like the description.

You should shoot an e-mail to a herald. They should be able to help you, or at least point you in the direction of a good book to help you.  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Eilifr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:04 pm
Dont you have to pay them though? And the AEthelmarcs Heralds sight is confusing!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:46 pm
Yay! I figured out a name for myself! But I'm not gunna put it on here cus someone might steal it! ninja  

Eilifr

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:45 pm
erm... I've never heard of having to pay a herald. You'll want to contact one anyways, to make sure that the name is SCA approved. Of course, that's only if you actually register your name. If you don't register your name, you can call yourself whatever the hell you please, documentation be damned.  
Newcomers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games