Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
swarvoski crystals

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hottpink006

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:39 pm
Can anyone tell me how you can tell if you the beads are fake becuase I heard if the the swarvoski beads dont do the rainbow effect there knock offs I would like to know since one of my friends sell her own jewlery and was wondering the same thing? question

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:39 am
You might check for lines where the bead was not cleaned up well after being taken out of a mold. I seem to remember that swarovski crystals are heavy for their size but having only used them in one project I could be wrong.
You might want to contact the people at www.firemountaingems.com, they sell the swarovski crystal beads and would probably be able to answer your question.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Pwzn

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:46 am
large amounts of swarvoski crystals come with certificates...but I think it's pretty easy to tell a knock off plastic as the shine isn't the same. Also, swarvoski has sharper cleaner edges.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:33 am
That rainbow shine your looking for is called "AB"- cant think right now what it stands for. Not all crystals, even Swarovskis, have it. I prefer to work with crytals without it. Its just a treatment applied to the ouside of the crystal.

Swarovskis always have more brillant color than their counter parts- brillant, not shiner. And the edges are super clean. The beads are also of much more uniform shape and size than ther crystals.

Hope that helps. And the ones pitcured look enough like the real deal from that pic.  

Silver Mist

imaginary people

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:13 pm
Silver Mist, could AB stand for Aurora Borealis? Because the bottom-most right one in her picture is labeled that. I say do what ForestGreen suggested and contact a certified retailer of swarovski crystals. They want your business so I cant imagine they wouldnt be fine with answering questions about their products.

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games