Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Discussion - Did Sims 1 become completly obsolete

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sims 1 obsolete?
  Yes
  No
  In the face of Sims 2
  None of the above
View Results

nerdyninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:41 pm
One of the most interesting things I've noticed in my time playing sims 1 & 2 is that when sims 2 was released sims 1 really was a piece of poop in comparison. I really feel that the sims series sequels make all other versions before it obsolete and I mean in the sense of "why was I playing that?" Have any of you all felt the same way? If not, then I guess I'm down right crazy O.o

This is my first topic in this guild so if this has been discussed please just move it along and I will move along.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:31 pm
Sims 1 wasn't too bad, but I still prefer Sims 2 over Sims 1. 3nodding

I don't think this has been discussed yet. Repeated threads are fine anyway, as long as the other is long gone off the first page.  

Pollination Technician
Captain

AngelKeeper2k1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
I just got the Sims 2 last year for my birthday. I was playing the Sims 1 for a long time before that.

I had the mega pack thing for the Sims 1. The only real thing I miss about it was that it didn't slow my computer that much and Drew Carey coming to my parties if they were good.

The Sims 2 is much better though. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:42 am
sounds like some good opinions  

nerdyninja

Jessicakarli

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:56 am
I used to play the sims 1 all the time.

Then I got The sims 2 and I never played the sims 1 ever again.

I heard that they're working on the sims 3!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:30 am
By the time I got Sims 2, I already wasn't playing much of Sims 1. I hated how stagnate it was. I mean, the only way to get rid of kids was to ship them to military school.

A few years ago, I tried installing Sims 1 on my computer because I remembered it so fondly. I never noticed before, but they didn't walk, they shuffled. It was very unnatural.

I remember exactly why I played it, it was fun. But I wouldn't go back to it. blaugh

Banana-nana

tamenak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:26 am
I used to play sims 1 a lot. I thought it was great and everything. Then Sims 2 came and I haven't even looked at the cases since then, lol. Sims 2 is way better, but it would probably be wierd if it wasn't, right?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:14 pm
I played The Sims all the time before The Sims 2 came out. The last time I touch it was when my computer died last year. I had to switch back to my really old one that would die if I ever tried to install The Sims 2. It's was really fun. I still had all my old families and it was like a reunion.  

Simming
Crew

bighairy dog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:01 pm
i'v never played sims 1 but why would they have a sims 2 if sims 1 was any good? so my guess is sims 1 was not that grand and proabaly a little old tecnology wise  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:02 pm
I never got tired of the Sims 1, but after I installed Sims 2 I never played it again because yes, in comparison it wasn't as good. I went back to play Sims 1 and make sketches of my favorite houses, so I could build them in Sims 2, and I gave up because trying to work the controls was so frustrating!! I seriously couldn't remember how to do it anymore! The camera angles were horrific.  

Fin Raziel

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff