Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
A VERY far fetched Theory

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:50 pm
I was incredibly tired last night as I wrote a fan fic about Esme. I had the craziest idea ever, but I thought perhaps it was worth considering.

So, the story, the real one, says that Carlisle turned Edward, then a few years later, Esme. He saved her because her "baby boy died", I believe from a disease, and she wanted to join him.
He saved Edward because his mom had the plague, and she wanted Edward to be saved.
((With quite a large energy drink, at 2 in the morning, things seem very simple, mind you haha))
My theory came to be that perhaps Edward's mother had flat-lined for a short while, and Carlisle believed her to be dead, and so took Edward to change him. Now, just suppose she wasn't as dead as he thought. Some people, you know, can "die" for a while, but they aren't all the way there.
Well, if he walked off with Edward, when she awoke, she may have thought Edward to be dead. She was so overcome with grief that when totally well, she moved far away and changed her name in an attempt to start over. But she was so overcome by grief that after a few years she just couldn't take it, and so decided to kill herself.
Edward, we know, does not remember much of his human life and neither does Esme.
Could they perhaps really be mother and son?
What say you?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:53 pm
That's a very good point!
Maybe just a little far-fetched, but very good!
I wish I could think like that when I'm hyper.

PiiKA x chu

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:54 pm
That's a stretch, and she would have recognized Edward.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:57 pm
yeah, 'cause mothers are suppsed to be able to recognize their kids no matter what right?  

Tanyas_Dusk

strawberry sapphic

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:54 pm
Nah. She gave birth, and the baby died a few days later. Edward isn't her son. Plus, they talk about how Esme was brought straight to the morgue, yet her heart was still beating. Edward's mother died from a disease.

Not to mention that Carlisle would recognize her, even if she was Edward's mother.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:09 pm
It's a well thought out theory, but there's enough information in the books and lexicon to disprove it, sorry.

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

Fifii

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:11 pm
i would not be interested, sorry.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:39 pm
wow
that's a really cool theory
i never thought of that
that'd be soo sweet
i think i'd cry
cause esme would cry
and then edward would cry
and then lindsay (me) would cry!
crying
how beautiful
*sniffle*  

xbookxwormx

Unknown_Fangirl

Sparkly Sleuth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:28 pm
very far stretch, but still possible.
I like it anyway!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:40 pm
In_My_Broken_Heart
It's a well thought out theory, but there's enough information in the books and lexicon to disprove it, sorry.

I agree with what In_My_Broken_Heart said. I don't think your theory could be possible. Sorry to say.

Superficial Muffin

[.Julia.]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:00 pm
hmm.. scetchy, but an interesting concept... but then wouldn't carlisle remember her and tell edward? like x Alice x Cullen x said?  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games