link freak131

Fashionable Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

So I when out shopping today with my dad, and we found a really nice plaid pleated skirt. It was kind of olive green in color, so I whent around looking for a shirt to match. My dad suggested that I ware it with a red shirt, and I said "Red? There's not even and red in it. There's a bit of orange in it, but no red." And then he said that it didn't matter if there was red in the skirt or not, just that it was a complentary color with olive green. O_o Then he suggested a teal shirt... No way... There was no teal at all on the skirt, but he still said that it was complentary. D=

Finaly I found a shirt that matched the olive green in the skirt pretty darn well, but then he said no to that becuase then I would just look like a big blob of color. D;

So, has anything like this ever happened to you in real life? XD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:01 pm
Funny enough I found myself in that place today. I got my daughter a pair of baby chuck taylor that were pink with silver graphic flower on them. I went to every damn baby store in the shopping plaza and ended up at H&M baby getting pink and silver clothes.

My mother-in-law who was actually buying these as gifts for her thought I was a tidbit to matchy matchy. sweatdrop  

Jibo Phoenix

Aysel Solmaz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:18 am
Not really. XD
Mostly because in real life, as well as here on Gaia, I have a very grunge style... (Which I got to have fun with during the opening of the real life fashion forum. XD)
The colors I wear are simple and nobody notices that I have to wear whate and black throughout my body because of my shoes... Or charcoal grey because of a hat... Or khaki tan because of my jacket. lol

My mother gives me a hard time sometimes when I dress up nice though... She says I look too much like a mobster.(Black and white pinstripes for the win.) rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:49 am
I used to do that waaaay too often when AT first started getting matchy. You wouldn't believe some of the things I wore during my senior year of high school. rofl

Nowadays, I don't really focus on matching. I focus more on how the outfit works together as a whole (both on Gaia and in real life).

...And then there are days that I just want to dress like a slacker. xd  

Zipchan

Dapper Citizen

Saffrin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:04 pm
Yar.
My Validictory dress and shoes.
I had to make a sash in the same colour of the shoes, to bring up the colour of the shoes. XD
And then I had a shocking time trying to even out the gold and silver from jewellery. <<

And then, the whole thing was of two shades of green that most people wouldn't even dare touch, except ATers. XD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:54 pm

Very rarely do I go all matchy in real life.
Most common matching I do is only during warm months when I can wear flip-flops. Thanks to old navy's numerous colors of 2.50 flip flops I have pretty much every color imaginable and I tend to match them to whatever shirt I may wear.

Asides from that I don't really care, especially now that its getting cold. I go for comfort and warmth.

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

`Monox!de

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:53 am

EVERY DAMN DAY OF MY LIFE. D:<

I always wear a black shirt with black accessories that are evenly distributed across my outfit. The only thing that doesn't match perfectly are my jeans. Sometimes I'll wear pink or green accessories. Mom always asks why I don't wear the ____ shirt, and I say "because I have nothing to match it." Then she lists off a thousand complimentary colors and I tell her that they don't match perfectly. And then she laughs at me. And we go our merry way.

When winter comes and I'm going out to eat somewhere, I don't care how well I match. I just care that it coordinates well, the colors compliment each other, and that it looks nice. But when I'm at school I have to coordinate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:43 pm
I sorta do that.
I'll wear a cute shirt with a pair of jeans.
And I have so much colorful jewelry, all I have to do is pick complimentary colors to my shirt and evenly distribute it around my body XD.

I usually end up looking like a watered-down version of a candy raver. XD

[`hooker-boots]

Jacob is awesome

Adored Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:19 pm
I don't really do that.  

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items