Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Twilight-like situations in your real life?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[[.sheryl.]]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:39 am
So, have you ever been in a situation that makes you think "Wow, this is exactly like something-that-happened-in-the-Twilight-series"?

I have not, but many of the characters in the books share the same names as people who I know in real life.

For example, someone named Isabella Swan used to go to my school and there is someone named Edward in my grade (but not my class). I also know an Angela, Charlie, Jacob, Lauren, Jessica, Harry, Sam, Bree (short for Briennan, I think), Ben (short for Benjamin), Claire, Leah, Kim, Tanya, Emily and I had a sort-of crush on someone named James. Unfortunately none of these people have personalities that are anything like the personalities of those in the book. XD

The creepiest thing is I actually know someone named Isabella Swan. Not just "Isabella", but "Isabella Swan". I'm not sure about her middle name.

I've also heard of someone from an online Twilight fans forum who was in a romance sort of problem that was like Bella's.

So... go ahead and discuss?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:09 pm
I WISH!  

Fifii

OpalGirl

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:53 pm
Not something that happened to me that reminded me of the book, but something in the book that reminded me of something that happened to me.
In New Moon, I was really impacted by the blank pages after Edward left Bella, cuz I knew what that felt like.
And when Charlie is describing Bella's depression to Alice I couldn't help but cry cuz it was exactly how I felt once.
When my first love left me I...turned into the same thing Bella turned into when Edward left her.
Not something to be proud of, but yea...
Thank it was over a long time ago.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:26 pm
Well, haha. Allow me to tell you three tales.
Friend #1: Dating a guy. mmhmm. a guy with traits like Edwards. (he drives 30 over the limit, and never gets caught, he's overprotective, etc.) anyways, my friend was dating this guy, and she became friends with this really tall, tan kid who acts JUST LIKE JACOB. Of course the edward-like guy completely HATES their friendship.
it was lame.
Oh, and on halloween, her boyfriend was a vampire, and the friend was a werewolf. Yeah.
creepy.

Friend #2:
Likes a guy with a red jeep, silver volvo, and got asked to prom by a Tyler. biggrin

oh, and as for myself. I was once deeply in love with someone. He left because he thought it would be better for me. After he left, I was a wreck. I only ever pulled out of it because of my 6'2" Jacob. except his name wasn't jacob.
fortunately, I had a second chance at love.

wink whee  

-DiseaseFish-

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:32 pm
haha well, this is a really weird sort of thing
my boyfriend's name is Benito
and in eclipse, his name is in there
and it was on page 289 and it was in the book 6 times
his birthday is June 2, 1989
6/2/89
weird
xp  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:34 am
Just recently i felt like Bella did in New Moon. I was in love with this girl who made me relise i am bi. long story. anyway we dont talk much anymore cuz she lives far away. Well then i met this guy. He was like my Jacob. Then he ran off with some guy. So I felt like Bella did when Jacob just turned into a werewolf and was a real jer and she didnt have Edward either. it really sucked.  

black_stars91

2,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

VampiraBaby

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:32 pm
::sigh:: i only wish.... crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:36 pm
hehe yes, lots... well a few anyway.

My fiancee looks just like the description of jacob.. minus the height. He also acts the same, it freaks me out.

also, my friend is having a similar problem. her exboyfriend from the past has come back and she realizes shes still in love with him, shes dating another guy who she says shes in love with as well. She can't deciede between the two of them and doesnt want to break off friendships with her ex because of her current boyfriend, shes in between a rock and a hard place just as bella is.

yea this would have been more interesting if i was better at explaining, lmao. dramallama  

celestialheiress

IceKittyeKat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:11 am
xbookxwormx
haha well, this is a really weird sort of thing
my boyfriend's name is Benito
and in eclipse, his name is in there
and it was on page 289 and it was in the book 6 times
his birthday is June 2, 1989
6/2/89
weird
xp

wow that is weird  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:11 am
I know what it's like to be Bella. Four months ago my two best friends/sisters were forced to break off contact with me because of my mom and I thought they didn't want me. I was so depressed. I didn't responed to anyone. My mother thought I needed to go to a counsoler or a head docter. Theses two girls had been my best friends ever, we had such a strong bond that I thought we could never break. I couldn't remember them without feeling like I was going to shattered into another million little pieces and yet I couldn't not remember them... They had been the closet family ever. In New Moon Bella and I are SO similar... The only difference in the ending is I didn't have any Jacob. After I moved to my dad's one of the girls contacted me... But we didn't have a bond anymore. And I understand what Edward said about her bracelet in Eclipse. I have a bracelet with a key on it that one of the girls made for the journal covered she made all of us. The bracelet is a part of me and if I ever take it off I feel something missing... Like I'm naked. I am just like Bella... Broken, shattered, not what I once was. The only difference is I had no Jacob and Edward doesn't wants me and isn't coming back...  

chevalierobsessed

PurpleDuckyXD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:54 pm
If only if only... crying  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:35 pm
[[.sheryl.]]
So, have you ever been in a situation that makes you think "Wow, this is exactly like something-that-happened-in-the-Twilight-series"?

I have not, but many of the characters in the books share the same names as people who I know in real life.

For example, someone named Isabella Swan used to go to my school and there is someone named Edward in my grade (but not my class). I also know an Angela, Charlie, Jacob, Lauren, Jessica, Harry, Sam, Bree (short for Briennan, I think), Ben (short for Benjamin), Claire, Leah, Kim, Tanya, Emily and I had a sort-of crush on someone named James. Unfortunately none of these people have personalities that are anything like the personalities of those in the book. XD

The creepiest thing is I actually know someone named Isabella Swan. Not just "Isabella", but "Isabella Swan". I'm not sure about her middle name.

I've also heard of someone from an online Twilight fans forum who was in a romance sort of problem that was like Bella's.

So... go ahead and discuss?

I know how it is to be such a cluts like bella, I just got over breaking my little toe on a rock in hy house that has been siting there for 3 years strait...and about a few months earlyer I broke the same toe on the corner of my couch...and I also messed up my hip(on the same leg as the broken toe) and its a long prosses to fix it...ect... sweatdrop
and My boyfriend says lost of things that Edward has said...and he's never read the book...I heart him...
I could go on and on but I don't think anyone wants to heer so I'll stop...sorry...  

Sora_Mizuki_Chan

Alice Brandon Cullen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:35 pm
My cousin's name is Jacob and he has a dog named Bella that he absolutely adores. They spend all their time together!  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games