Reply Avatar Talk
Set abuse...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aysel Solmaz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:27 am
Is it just me or is it less of a taboo as it once was?

Discuss AT taboos please?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:49 am
I been a little more forgiving of maybe two piece of a large set since sets are so much bigger now then they use to be, but it really depends on how it's used. In my last avatar I used my lovely genie vest and pants with no one commenting on it, I had thought I was setting myself up on that one for sure.

Then again, people sometimes pile so much stuff on with the new layering, I have a hard time telling if they are wearing a set without checking their equipped menu on their profile sweatdrop

My one pet peeve is when a newbie comes in wearing a complete set, ask for a rate and people still give them like a 4-5....That just kills me.  

Jibo Phoenix

Aysel Solmaz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:30 am
Jibo Phoenix
I been a little more forgiving of maybe two piece of a large set since sets are so much bigger now then they use to be, but it really depends on how it's used. In my last avatar I used my lovely genie vest and pants with no one commenting on it, I had thought I was setting myself up on that one for sure.

Then again, people sometimes pile so much stuff on with the new layering, I have a hard time telling if they are wearing a set without checking their equipped menu on their profile sweatdrop

My one pet peeve is when a newbie comes in wearing a complete set, ask for a rate and people still give them like a 4-5....That just kills me.

You should even bother making mention of newbies doing stupid things... The smart things they do are what deserves attention.

But thanks for your view PE. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:54 am
[Prince Ralf]
Jibo Phoenix

You should even bother making mention of newbies doing stupid things... The smart things they do are what deserves attention.

I wasn't blaming the newbies, they like sets, they don't know better, I am pissed at the ATers who give them a 4-5 score because they are too scared about looking mean.  

Jibo Phoenix

Aysel Solmaz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:26 pm
Jibo Phoenix
[Prince Ralf]
Jibo Phoenix

I wasn't blaming the newbies, they like sets, they don't know better, I am pissed at the ATers who give them a 4-5 score because they are too scared about looking mean.

Oh... Well yah... That's pretty weak... XD
I'm assuming it's mostly newbies that give those rates? -crosses fingers-  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:45 pm
BURN THE SINNERS! NEVER SET!!!!
-disregard Donation Items though-  

Mister 32

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:00 pm
How Do I Rate That Thread

SETS

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Once recognized as the biggest no-no in the AT, sets have started to become more widely accepted in avatar creation. In recent store updates more and more sets have been released that don't even look like sets or just seem to belong together. When you recognize someone wearing numerous items of a set you should not automatically give them a low rating. Before deciding to deduct points take a good look at the avatar and ask yourself does it look like a set? More often then not the answer will be no. Wearing two or more pieces from a set too complete a look in a creative way is deffinatly acceptable. I bet you didn't even realize that outfit three contains pants and a shirt from the same set.
Pretty much my two cents on the whole issue without writing it again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:18 am
CC: That pretty well covers what I've seen as the prevailing view. ^_^

What about Black and red... Is that still Taboo?
Or any other color taboos you can think of?

Gold has been my pet peeve lately. mad  

Aysel Solmaz

Korynnn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:51 pm
[Prince Ralf]

I think if you can do red and black properly without it looking "demonic" or anything it can look wonderful.

But you have to be damn good.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:02 pm
[Prince Ralf]

-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

Only if it's done in a way that looks overdone. I'm fine with it if it looks relatively original and such.

As for the gold, i'm still fine with it seeing as I was one of the earlier users of it. Hard to get off of this addiction to shiny things though. >.>

-[[Yreka!]]-

Qwannah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:07 am
I dislike the overusing of the Egyptian sets, it is like everyone is just ******** with them all over the place. Seriously, I can stand 2 of the bracelets, but they must be in the same exact spot.  

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games