Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super-Happy-Fun-Time Guild

Back to Guilds

A fun place to make both friends and gold. 

Tags: giveaway, game, gold, contest, free 

Reply Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat
Gaia's Battle System

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:12 am
Well, Gaia recently announced a website devoted to its battle system. I was more excited by the cow being tipped over by an onion burping than by any of the battle information that I saw on the site, because I'm pretty sure that battle is still a long way off, and the cow entertained me xD

So, anyway, are you guys looking forward to the battle system? How far off do you think it is? Do you think the actual end-product will live up to the community's expectations? (I don't think it will, because it's been wanted for so long and hyped so much, I think people are probably putting it on a pedestal at this point.) Do you think you'll spend most of your time playing it (if you will play it) fighting things, or doing quests/errands for NPCs?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:38 pm
The cow and the onion entertained me too. I don't really care about the battle system as long it doesn't end up like all the terrible RPG games that are online.  

Hugel
Captain

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:12 am
That's true >.<

I'm hoping that NPC quests (at least some of them) will result in backwings for our avatars ^.^ I have no idea if that's how quest rewards will be, though, or if they'll be things to use in-game.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:20 am
I c an't wait until we get to battle, the costumes look amazing  

Goddess of Pentacles

3,600 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Broken_Wingless

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:53 am
The cow entertaind me............then I just got bored. I'm really looking foward to seeing some more of those cows though they seem pretty cool and the onion too. I just hope the battle system doesn't suck like some other RPG games. I guess we just have to wait and find out what it's like.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:39 pm
i cant wait till da battle system comes out >"< its juss so exciting D: i likie da lil cloudy monsta =D  

SacredPetals

4,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:52 pm
So many of the monsters are so cute! I'm going to cry when I have to kill them xD  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:26 pm
I'll probably suck at killing them. I won't be able too because of how cute they are!  

Broken_Wingless

Black Stands

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:24 pm
I think I might like it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:37 am
Sweet, they updated the Battle site. I can't wait 'til we can play the game heart  

Sheer_Extraterrestrial

DementedTeddeh

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:42 am
Ive been waitin for 4 years. Hell ya, im excited. I plan on devoting a large amount of time to pwning everyone. Oh, and its comin out this summer right? WHEE!!! its gonna rock!  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:11 pm
Hellz yeah. cool

I don't suppose anyone knows what "battle clans" are...? I keep seeing recruiting threads/ads for battle clans... As far as I can tell, they're something like guilds in WoW - a group of people with whom you can group if you don't feel like grouping with random people. I was just wondering if anyone here knew for sure ^.^  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Swarmer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:16 pm
Yeah, i just hope that we can actually use our "weapons" equipped to our avatars, rather than just using rings to attack. >.<

Well, a good suggestion for them is that every item you have equipped, it counts as a stat up thing. For example, an old machete thet you have equipped to your avatar would have a Attack +1 bonus. For example.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:11 am
Crazy orange lover
Yeah, i just hope that we can actually use our "weapons" equipped to our avatars, rather than just using rings to attack. >.<

Well, a good suggestion for them is that every item you have equipped, it counts as a stat up thing. For example, an old machete thet you have equipped to your avatar would have a Attack +1 bonus. For example.
Decided issue - we can't use weapon-items. It would give older/richer users an unfair advantage. With rings, everyone starts off on even footing. 3nodding  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items