8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:19 pm
Rellik San
Siermana
I adore vampires, but only real ones.
All those depicted in books and movies, no.

One of my favorite Historical beings is Vlad the Impaler.
Oh...and I do as a matter of fact think the Nosferatu type IS pretty. smile

You don't like vampires from books, but your favourite historical being is a fictional character created by Bram Stoker?

And if you think Nos are pretty, I think your missing the point, the idea is that their twisted appearance is meant to reflect the twisted and evil actions they perform.

Though I guess there are people that think Picasso's are beautiful, despite the guy having no sense of composition at all. Some people have strange taste.
Vlad the Impaler is not fictional. I said "Historical being," correct? I did not say "fictional being."

I know full well what the deformation of the Nos is supposed to represent. I am smarter than the average idiot. I was not missing the point at all. Their physical appearance is a reflection of their actions and nature. I'm well versed in vampiric lore.

I never said I don't like vampires from books. I said I don't adore them. You twisted my words. I enjoy reading vampiric novels; however I don't like the fact that most novelists have a difficult time capturing true vampirism. I apologize if the way I said that confused you.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:05 pm
Vampires are awesome!!  

hockeydreamer

deadtothecold

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:48 pm
vlad the impaler was called a vampire because it was believed that he made it a daily thing to drink the blood of his fallen enemy sweatdrop i don't know the entire detales or if it's true or not

and before anyone gets picky and starts yelling about spelling and grammer errors i know that i have horrid spelling and grammer  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:20 pm
Vlad the Impaler was a sick sadistic creature who was known for his torture of people.
There was a tale I've read somewhere where he insisted that a group of men remove their turbans in his presence but they refused, claiming that it would dishonor their religion. His reaction was to have their turbans nailed to their heads.

((I say creature because "man" is just an insult to someone of his stature.))  

Siermana

Ruthless Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50

Capn Cyrenaic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:49 pm
Siermana
Vlad the Impaler was a sick sadistic creature who was known for his torture of people.
There was a tale I've read somewhere where he insisted that a group of men remove their turbans in his presence but they refused, claiming that it would dishonor their religion. His reaction was to have their turbans nailed to their heads.

((I say creature because "man" is just an insult to someone of his stature.))

Hey hey now he was also a man of virtue. True he has treated some situations a bit "unconventionally" but there have been stories of him being a rather gracious king. For instance the story of the merchant that visited his kingdom. He told the merchant to leave his things in the middle of the street outside of the castle. The merchant having heard the stories of Vlad did not want to argue simply left all of his items that he wanted to sell int he streets and entered the palace for the night. In the morning his things were gone so Vlad reimbursed the merchant and hunted down the thief, of course killing the thief. The merchant noticed that Vlad have given him one more piece of gold that he originally had and promptly returned it. Upon the return of the coin Vlad said that he did it on purpose and had he been dishonest and taken it he would have been killed. Vlad then gave the merchant more coins to keep as his own for his honesty. Vlad reinforced values such as honesty, honor, and various other virtues just a bit differently than other people.

PS that turban story is a true story about Vlad and he was trying to teach them to pay honor to their host.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:28 pm
Uziel13
The merchant having heard the stories of Vlad did not want to argue simply left all of his items that he wanted to sell int he streets and entered the palace for the night. In the morning his things were gone so Vlad reimbursed the merchant and hunted down the thief, of course killing the thief.

I heard a very similar story, but in the verison I heard the goods were still there in the morning, because people knew the fate that awaited anyone who robbed someone. Peace through terror.

Perhaps they both happened, one after the other.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

Siermana

Ruthless Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:33 pm
Yes, I am aware that Vlad was a virtuous man, in a slightly sadistic sense.
I've been in awe of him sense I first heard of him. He is quite fun to research; I think I learn something new about him each time I look up his name. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:48 am
Well there is a book called In Search of Dracula that you guys might want to check out. It has been the most useful tool I have in knowledge about Vlad and the Blood Countess of Csock. It really is quite amazing and contains quite a few stories. It deals with Vampiric Lore, the actual history of what happened, Bram Stoker, the books, and the movies. It overall is a very well rounded book and I highly recommend it to anyone who really cares about vampires.  

Capn Cyrenaic

Siermana

Ruthless Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:28 pm
Uziel13
Well there is a book called In Search of Dracula that you guys might want to check out. It has been the most useful tool I have in knowledge about Vlad and the Blood Countess of Csock. It really is quite amazing and contains quite a few stories. It deals with Vampiric Lore, the actual history of what happened, Bram Stoker, the books, and the movies. It overall is a very well rounded book and I highly recommend it to anyone who really cares about vampires.
I'll have to look for it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:24 pm
i love vampires! exspecially sexy guy vampires! I want to be one in real ;life so i can turn into a bat any fly away and be free. I want a vampire prince!!!!! heart smile  

SexyXVampiressXGoth

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:38 am
kimikasan
i love vampires! exspecially sexy guy vampires! I want to be one in real ;life so i can turn into a bat any fly away and be free. I want a vampire prince!!!!! heart smile
Why are guy vampires 'sexy?' you do know everyone looks the same when turned. Also whats this deal with Vampires having amazing charisma? Again, what changes? Absolutely nothing.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:20 am
Well there is no correct way that vampires behave, or have strengths, or weaknesses. It is all based on what lore, mythology, or story that you are getting your information from. Sadly, nowadays most of the vampire followers get their information from video games and movies and have not researched the old lore because a lot of movies and games change things to make the movie or game more appealing.  

Capn Cyrenaic

xlostxinxdarknessx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:55 am
vampires are awsome.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:32 am
I'm suprised that I hadn't yet chimed in on this-

Hoenstly, I'm not a fan of vampires. While there are some films and books that I enjoy which featuring vampires, on the whole, I think most movies and books based on vampires ******** suck (no pun intended, seriously).

As I mentioned in the multimedia forum, I've seen about 50 maybe 60 vampire films. Of them, I only enjoyed about 10. Even then, I only thought about 3 of them were actually good movies.

My opinions of vampires in literature are even lower.

I can certainly understand why people like vampires, but for the most part, I find them too "deus ex machina" for my taste. Which is, to a certain degree, why so many people like them. Particularly teenagers.  

GilAskan
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas