Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Super Smash Bros. Guild
Can anyone explain this...(I think I found a new glitch)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I can't wait til I get to use Samus' final flash
  me neither!
  Psh Samus, don't you mean (insert character name here)'s Final Flash
  Gold
View Results

Lahlooooouh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:55 am
So here is the story:
I was playing Super Smash Brothers Melee with my friend and he kept getting me, so I was bitching about my controller. Now usually as a joke I would blame the controller, since he is actually just better, but this time it was actually just my B button being dumb.

So, I went home and took apart my controller and put a tiny spring were the B button is so that it would B harder to push in but come outwards more. Not to get stuck in place. That process that sounds simple actually took me like a little over two hours. I also made it so that the rumble thing is on the outside of my controller, it kinda looks cool when I was playing. I have never taken apart a controller, or like anything so this was all on just a hope that I wasn't messing anything up.

Now everything seemed fine. I start playing and after my second game I start to notice this.
I know how big Samus' shield usually is. However, every now and then when I did my grab attack my shield would come out and be like way bigger and stronger. I mean, hell I won't complain lol. The down side is once it gets all big I can't get out of that mode unless I like up B. Not too big of a deal. It is pretty cool, and I can't really explain it. I don't know what I could have done to have made my Samus so unique. I don't know if others have had this glitch before. But I like it anyways. Still the glitch with the long Samus whip is more cool.

EDIT: I don't know if what I am experiencing is just a simple glitch. Also, I kinda lubricated the B button with some hand moisturizer, to make it move more swiftly. All of my parts to the controller came apart, in the process of fixing B. Also, I especially had trouble getting the z's to hold in place so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

EDIT2: Right now I am playing and trying to find out how to get out of the sheild once in it. I finally found that I am getting in it by doing a zr combo. All I have to do is ZR sometimes either one alone works, but I can get it on the first time by just clicking those two. To get out of the glitch you can wait like a while for the shield to die..a long while. Or you can click and hold the actual shield button, R. After like a second of holding it your real shields come back. While I have the big shield up though, I can roll and jump, but the second I hit the floor it comes back.

TO EVERYONE: This was unintentional. I am not some like smart hacker guy, or modder. But I am finding this really funny. I still need to test the controller on other gamecubes to verify that it is the controller. I only have one at my house and can't test another. So now I just wait I guess.

Btw I put final flash in the poll lol I just noticed that. I meant final smash lol  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:27 pm
Ummm.............

I really don't know what to say here...

I don't think it's a glitch. Maybe when you cracked open your controller, you accidentally messed with the pressure sensor on the shoulder buttons. I dunno. If you lightly hold down the shield button, the shield is larger than if you firmly hold down the button.

Not much else to say... confused  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Hell if I know what's going on. Don't think it's a glitvh. The sensors very well could've been tinkered with on accident and made the game recognise it's codings wrongly.... all I can think of.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.once i changed up my gamecube controller and fused it with a X-box shell.
with the buttons too.
it was pretty extreme.

Morbius Doom Occulta

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:36 pm
You're probably Z-shielding. When you shield with the Z button, it's much larger, but more clear. I wouldn't say it's stronger, though. As for not being able to get out of it... I have no idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:46 pm
Melomaniacal
You're probably Z-shielding. When you shield with the Z button, it's much larger, but more clear. I wouldn't say it's stronger, though. As for not being able to get out of it... I have no idea.

That's my reasoning. I think you're just Light shielding now. If you look, you should start to be pushed back by attacks, rather than just take them and stay where you are.

Also, um... why did you put hand moisturizer on your controller?! You DO realize that skin and plastic are two completely different things and require two completely different lubricants. If anything, I'd have used a small amount of WD-40 on the controller... possibly applied with a Q-Tip.

At this point, I think you just screwed up your controller's wiring while disassembling it.  

Talwar126

NkGuy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:50 pm
its happened to me berfore... but it was my controller which I still have... its one to the controllers I bought when I first got my gamecube... if I play with it now, all it does is block on the ground. and if move left or right it will dodge roll depending on which direction you go. Another wierd thing is that it dodges in the air randomly so I'm jumping with ness and then you suddenly hear "oh" I stopped using the controller. Not to be racist but it was black gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:09 am
Talwar126
Melomaniacal

That's my reasoning. I think you're just Light shielding now. If you look, you should start to be pushed back by attacks, rather than just take them and stay where you are.

Also, um... why did you put hand moisturizer on your controller?! You DO realize that skin and plastic are two completely different things and require two completely different lubricants. If anything, I'd have used a small amount of WD-40 on the controller... possibly applied with a Q-Tip.

At this point, I think you just screwed up your controller's wiring while disassembling it.

No it is all working fine.

I actually went ahead and got rid of the rumble pack and put a motorized fan on the outside of my controller. I then did some smart stuff with a sautering iron and made it so everytime my character gets hit or does damage, instead of a rumble the fan and some Christmas lights go off lol. It is pretty cool.

As for the moisturizer, I basically just put a nick of it just barely on on the B button sides to make it slide more easily.

Yeah, my shield gets pushed. So for example if I am on final destination at toward the end and my shield is on I can get pushed off the edge with my shield.
Still what is happening is like a light shield, however it is way stronger and I can roll with it. When you do that thing with the shield button to roll on the floor. I can do that and my shield just pops back up on its own again. Same with jumping. If I jump the shield goes away then when I hit the floor it comes back up. It only goes away if I get hit while in the air, or if I bring out my actual shield.

My friend at school is saying he is sure it is a light shield, but he never actually saw it. I think it is more than a light shield.

Overall I am not so sure I like whatever this is. I need to test it against actual players to figure out if it will cause me to play worse. Because either way a level 9 is a joke. Thanks for the input everyone.  

Lahlooooouh

Super Smash Bros. Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff