Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
DON'T EXPECT TO GET ANY MORE ANIME IF YOU LIVE IN THE U.S.A Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:21 am
I imagine another company will com along to sell on a more permament basis... hopefully outside of corporate interests.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:27 am
there are other anime companies, you know that, right?  

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

chilindra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:53 pm
cry Okay I'm sad that it's gonna be harder to find Anime...but it won't be impossible, Geneon is just giving it's competetors the upper hand. stare Secondly, they have to be out of their minds if they really expect people to pay $40 for like 5 episoides when you can get an american...or for that matter any, full regular tv show season for the same price. It's rediculus how much they want the consumer to pay for anime and manga! stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:12 pm
Rush_Hardroc
zodiac_star333
The company Geneon (and they own pretty much every company that puts out anime) pull out of the U.S because not many people are buying anime there finding it online and saving it on there computer and burning it onto disk. So because of a-holes that are CHEATING THE SYSTEM and too CHEAP to buy anime in the stores, everyone else has to suffer.

WE NEED TO START COMPLAINING PEOPLE
TO GENEON
OR WILL NEVER HAVE ANIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND IF THIS COMPANY DOES COME BACK TO THE U.S PLEASE STOP FINDING THE ANIME ONLINE. JUST BUY IT.

Hate burst your bubble, but Geneon doesn't exist anymore. Poineer cut it off beacuse it was financial "dead-weight". If you want Sailor Moon, get it online. ALL merchandise, not just anime and manga, is out of print. You might find a rare collectable at a convention or some media, but good luck getting it before another Moonie does.

geneon stopped making sailor moons dvds a few years ago anyways. they have been out of print. so it doesn't blow for geneon to split just because of sailor moon, i admit it's a loss because they were a good distributer, but this in no way will effect the amount of anime being dubbed and such because other companies will pick up the job because anime is increasingly popular in the united staes and other places to.  

yume_miko

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:24 am

Actually, the anime business as I have found out recently has been suffering greatly. Every title, every company.

The amount of anime fans has skyrocketed in the past few years, yet sales are down by about half of what they were a few years ago. This is EXTREMELY bad because it is causing a lot of companies in both America and Japan to be going out of business.

The main reason why this is happening is because of all the downloading of anime that has been going on. Downloading anime is stealing and none of the people who worked hard to make the anime are getting paid for it. When this happens, they can no longer afford to make new anime.

I know, anime is expensive, but if people don't start buying DVDs soon, anime could be gone forever in a few years.

I don't want to hear crap about being poor either. I'm too poor to afford a Chanel bag, that doesn't mean that I have a right to steal one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:16 pm
I personally wait for a series to be out in a box set before I go out and buy it... That is what I did with Escaflowne and what I am doing for Full Moon... I borrowed my friends Outlaw Star, which I will buy in the future, and I need to buy Fruits Basket because my Best Buy rarely carries it and they have it now sooo... x.o I rarely buy a series just to try it out... I went on a limb with Scrapped Princess since my friend liked it and so did my other so I just bought it and I love it. I don't have fast enough internet to be able to download episodes, but i will spend the time if I want to try out a series before I go and buy it... I don't have much money and most of those sets are 49-70 dollars each so...  

MikiSohma

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100

fullfilledtummy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:13 pm
but if they stop putting it out on line then you would just have to go and download it too wouldnt ya?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:13 pm
C e r e s

Actually, the anime business as I have found out recently has been suffering greatly. Every title, every company.

The amount of anime fans has skyrocketed in the past few years, yet sales are down by about half of what they were a few years ago. This is EXTREMELY bad because it is causing a lot of companies in both America and Japan to be going out of business.

The main reason why this is happening is because of all the downloading of anime that has been going on. Downloading anime is stealing and none of the people who worked hard to make the anime are getting paid for it. When this happens, they can no longer afford to make new anime.

I know, anime is expensive, but if people don't start buying DVDs soon, anime could be gone forever in a few years.

I don't want to hear crap about being poor either. I'm too poor to afford a Chanel bag, that doesn't mean that I have a right to steal one.

I agree with you completely,
but still I can't help believing that the main reason
that people aren't buying the anime in the first place
is because it's so unreasonably expensive.

I understand that the companies need money,
but they'll begin making a profit again once they lower their prices
and people actually start buying them.

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Athena_Wiley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:53 pm
I work at a public library and I've found if people make a request the library will bye it so if nothing else go to you're local library or their website and put in some requests. that way you can get it for free but it is still being paid for.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:58 pm
that sucks...  

oldtillyshifted

IntotheDestiny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:15 am
C e r e s

Well thats true. But the prices are so dang high. Its ridiclous. I can't buy a lot of anime dvds without the SKY HIGH prices. If they were lower, it would help a lot. I would have a BIGGER collection too.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:15 pm
scream man, that really sucks! you know what, besides it being online where you can watch it, it's because to me, if they released ones that we would like to see that are only in japan, they have a increase in sales, and if nothing else, for those that don't want there children watching it, here's an idea...Don't buy it for your kids! It gets real annoying when i hear people complain about anime because it's too violent or something to that effect. stressed You know though, manga at $10 doesn't seem that bad, and one thing, not all of the ones that puts out the anime, it's not $30 some are cheeper, but for some they leave in Japanese, but it is not cheap, i agree. well before i rant too much, we have to find a way to keep havin' anime in america!

Anime 4ever!

Solarian_Princess

Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas