Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Art / Writing show and exchange!
Best way to describe a furry in literature?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

misnomerAnomaly

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

8,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:41 pm
I'm beginning work on a bit of a story series I want to do, but I'm having trouble thinking of good ways to explain the characters since most of them are furry. But I don't just want to say their animal, because I want people who may not BE furry/anthro or know about it still be able to have the idea of what they are/look like/etc.

What ways do you guys like to explain furries in literature, or good ways you've seen it done? I'd like to see a good few examples so I can start to sort of think out a good way to do it myself.

I'd appreciate the help, thank you :3  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:31 pm
Basically the way you describe anything else, you just say what they look like.  

Selene Aries

Angel Natavi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:15 am
If you want to explain it, like why they are the way they are, it depends on the surroundings. If it is magical, people tend to think that any anthro/furry is a magic creature. Not nessisarily able to use magic, but made from magic.

Or, if its a scifi, just say it was genetically enginered. Or it was human that had their genes spliced, or the extra limbs, like the tail or ears, are biomechanical. Like prosthetics.

Otherwise, yeah, just write out your char like you would otherwise. Long tail, tuffed pointed ears, cat like eyes, and viola. You got a neko. It all depends on your creativity.  
Art / Writing show and exchange!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games