Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Which anime should I watch first?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What should I watch first?
  Clannad
  Minami-ke
  Sketchbook ~full color's~
  Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
View Results

The_Great_Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:36 am
As the title asks, what anime should I watch first: Clannad, Minami-ke, Sketchbook ~full color's~ or (don't kill me for not watching this yet) Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu? I'm having trouble choosing which one to start with. However, I think I might watch Haruhi and Sketchbook last, due to certain things going on in my head that told me so. THE VOICES TOLD ME TO! Besides, I kinda already know the Haruhi storyline from Wiki, so its not a priority. So, what do you think?

EDIT: Don't let my thoughts change your reasoning. If you think I should watch an anime, just say so. If its either Haruhi or Sketchbook, you can also tell me why I should remove it from the "last to watch" list. Additionally, if enough votes put those two into consideration...Ah, who cares? Just vote!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:54 am
Uhhh. I would say Haruhi, but since your voices are telling you otherwise... Go with Minami-ke. ;3 Comedy > all. Most of the time, anyway. >>; Plus, by starting now, you wouldn't be too far behind. I think the seventh or so episode just came out.  

Shigures Editor

The_Great_Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:41 am
Shigures Editor
Uhhh. I would say Haruhi, but since your voices are telling you otherwise... Go with Minami-ke. ;3 Comedy > all. Most of the time, anyway. >>; Plus, by starting now, you wouldn't be too far behind. I think the seventh or so episode just came out.

Don't let my head skew your decision. You can state why its a bad idea to end with Haruhi, and thus keep the vote on Haruhi. Besides, if the most votes land on one of my ending anime, then I'll immediately bump it up to first.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:49 am
well haruhi is one of the most POPULAR ones in japan and it's funny and it very awsome. whee hare-hare!!!  

lilmangaangel

Charboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:24 pm
I'll say watch Haruhi first, its only 14 episodes.
Beside, it ended already, u can finish it in no time lol
But if u r planning to watch something else, i dont think my comments can stop u then...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:36 pm
Oh, and i almost forgot this...Vocaloid 2
And here is the Official Website
The information u wanted.
Kagamine Rin coming this December whee
If u have more questions, ask me  

Charboy

The_Great_Hero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:36 am
Charboy
Oh, and i almost forgot this...Vocaloid 2
And here is the Official Website
The information u wanted.
Kagamine Rin coming this December whee
If u have more questions, ask me

You win an Internet.

Don't let my thoughts influence yours at all. Don't even mention them unless you're coming up with a counter as to why I should watch a show that I think I might not watch. If I could I would put this on the first post, but I'm too lazy. Woot.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:36 am
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Definitely.
Possibly my favorite anime.

I was going to recommend Clannad, but then I saw that option.  

GeebusKermas
Crew

xMiyukii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:27 pm
I've never watched Minami-ke. Is it good?

I, personally, would watch it in this order.

1. Clannad
2. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
3. Sketchbook ~full color's~

Clannad is amazing. It goes from being really funny to a heartbreaking cliffhanger. And the opening song is really pretty.

Suzumiya Haruhi is also great. I like how Haruhi always drags everyone along with her adventures while Kyon complains on all of it.

Sketchbook ~full color'S~ is also great. Sora is just like an artistic Osaka from Azumanga Daioh.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-don't do it-
Haruhi first
Minami second
Sketchbook third
Clannad last

Minami is mucho funny.

Worship The Shinkai...

00NINE-1
Crew

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Planetary Technician 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:10 am
I say Haruhi because it's one of my favourites (it could end up being one of yours too)
then Clannad.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:11 pm
I watched Minami-Ke. It's GOOD. o.o

1. Clannad
2. Minami-Ke
3. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
4. Sketchbook ~full color'S~

Does anybody else but me notice that the Minami-Ke opening song and the Lucky Star dance go REALLY well together? Play the song and the opening at the same time and you'll see what I mean. I want to make a video out of it, since I already got it synced in my head, but I can't make videos for life. I mean it.

Does anybody want to make the video for me? I could tell you which parts I want to sync together. >.<  

xMiyukii

Kazumi159

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:57 pm
watching haruhi would be good for all its parodies in raki suta..  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's true. I personally find it enjoyable when I can say, "Oh, I see what they did there," and catch references. I think that's one of the main reasons Lucky Star [and to a lesser extent, Syaonara Zetsubou Sensei, and that's my best guess at how to spell it based on how I remember pronouncing it] is popular in Japan.

Such as, "Final Answer!"

GeebusKermas
Crew

TenakuMihara

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:18 pm
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, no ifs ands or buts!  
~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games