Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Long distance dating??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Midnight_Reverie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:16 pm
This is about Bon Voyage. So, I took a family of three (Single mother, Teenage boy, teenage girl)) to Three Lakes. While they were there, the son and mother met someone special. The son's already going steady with the girl. But I'm not sure why the mom can't do anything with her man. She can't woohoo, propose, or anything. She can makeout with him, though. She's known him for a week, too. Why can the son have a balanced long distance relationship, but the mother can't? Has anyone else had the problem?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:07 pm
The only thing that I can think of is that in Bon Voyage there are holiday families and that maybe the Sim yours is trying to get together with is already married and therefore not available.
I don't know though since that shouldn't stop woohoo.

(By the way, this shoud be in Q&A so I'll shift it there now.)  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Midnight_Reverie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:32 pm
Thank you.

But she's pursued many married men before... I don't see why this one man won't give in.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:45 pm
Just invite him to move in with you. Or can you?  

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50

Midnight_Reverie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:02 pm
He can stay for a few days, but he can't move in.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:47 pm
Maybe the holiday families are just screwed up. All I can suggest now is trying to get a different Sim together with the target. If they can get together then your Sim is borked. If they can't then its the holiday Sim that has something wrong with him.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:55 am
Menaceman
Maybe the holiday families are just screwed up. All I can suggest now is trying to get a different Sim together with the target. If they can get together then your Sim is borked. If they can't then its the holiday Sim that has something wrong with him.
Maybe he just has a fear of commitment. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:54 am
Emradrig
Menaceman
Maybe he just has a fear of commitment. whee

I'll try to get another sims to date him. If that doesn't work, then maybe he does have a fear of commitment. I should probably ask him what his aspiration is.  

Midnight_Reverie

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff