Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Avatar Talk
Ever love an avatar so much you'd turn nerdy for it?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jibo Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:41 pm
I'm currently very fond of my avatar. I haven't felt this way about my avatar since I first start AT and I was the bucktoothed pixie. I feel like I need avatar art, a name, and a story for her. But the odd thing is most of the time I dislike "original characters" people make since it's a little too D&D for me. But I feel the need with this avatar! *feels dirty and nerdy*

-Ever have an avatar you wanted to name and give a backstory to?
-Anyone do stories outside of rating threads?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:47 pm
I kinda do that in my head with all of my avatars.. it makes them more fun and personal.  

tassium

[ Pyrite ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:20 pm
HEY. What is wrong with D&D? gonk xd I've never really thought like that about an avatar. Although sometimes if I think about entering it into the arena I try to imagine what'd I write as a story for a description. But it's all in my head like Tassium. Does that count?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:46 pm
When I love an avatar I get art, but no urge for the others.  

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

MabTheQueenMTG

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:57 am
When I get like that... Which happens often enough... I keep the avatar for a week or two... Sometimes I'll write a good long story for it (see Senile Poison's journal.) ... And I'll roam around the art freebies forum...

I also had a thread in the AT specifically for writing short stories...
When I'm less busy, maybe I'll revive it... Or remake it now that I'm on this account. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:40 am
I think I visited your short story thread, I liked it very much. Though everytime I put the crow on my head, people write more about him then me *envious of the crow*  

Jibo Phoenix

le Ikari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:42 pm
Can't say that I have. If I like a particular avi, I'll usually have it up for a couple of days. Then I get new ideas and change.

I think the last avi that I got anywhere near that was prolly last year sometime when I made something of an angelic CIA agent ( rolleyes this was back when the only thing close to angel wings was the angelbow). It did surprising surprisingly well in the arena too surprised  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:41 pm
What do you mean turn nerdy? =P

If there's one I really like... I save it... and.. possibly wear it and upgrade if for almost a year. <<
*kicks Gift of Goddess avvie*

Saffrin

the best vignette

Hygienic Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:17 am
i felt like that about my halloween avi
but i couldn't bring myself to write your typical "it was a dark and stormy night" story
it was just too passe emo
i whore up the art freebies thread big time tho when i get an avi love interest.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:34 pm
I was kinda obsessed with the christmas avatar I made this year..which is in the arena this week...

Thats what I usually do when I absolutley adore an avatar.. just drop it in the arena.. Although what I'm really doing is wasting 1k because the arena sucks as everyone knows.. I just changed from that outfit today..  

ChocolateTomato

Aged Raider

Enkyubus

Timid Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:42 pm
Seems to happen more and more to me each day. Well the getting stuck in an outfit part, not the going geeky/nerd for it. <.< Was already one to begin with. ;D I'm just losing what little I had left of my AT muse. I can't keep up with the AT of today. I don't have the items for it. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:17 pm
Ohm ghee, that's adorable ! heart

Nah, I tend to hate my avvies more than like them. I <3 my tekteks, tho.  

Orlyescence

LiciousEmber

Newbie Noob

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:06 pm
I've felt like I wanted art.... But not the background story kinda thing. I never like to write stories when a topic is given to me. Sure, it's easier, but not as creative. For me. But i DO like your avi! whee  

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games