Reply Zombies. Seriously.
Chain-saws. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

threatened_peace

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:18 pm
I would use one if I could get mine working, I need a new chain rotator gear. And some more grease. But I did look at the bike, looks cool.

If you could get a small chainsaw like one off Dead Rising from the clown (which I still haven't beat stare ) That might be ease yo use and cut your arm off...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:28 pm
threatened_peace
I would use one if I could get mine working, I need a new chain rotator gear. And some more grease. But I did look at the bike, looks cool.

If you could get a small chainsaw like one off Dead Rising from the clown (which I still haven't beat stare ) That might be ease yo use and cut your arm off...

holy crap i hate that clown.
i had to fight him 3 times, loosing 2 hours of work each time, and he still isnt dead.
strategy guide please?
i think the chain bike would be most useful when all you have is a bike and a chainsaw, ie no real form of transportation and you need to excape.  

exploding-waffles

DaRkGrEeNwALL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:40 pm
Yea dawn of the dead had a good idea till they sliced that one girl in half that looked really fun. you can't really be agile with a chainsaw though  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:18 am
The problem with a chainsaw really is that it would spray blood EVERYWHERE. If you're in battle, you'll be breathing through your mouth. You'll be drinking zombie blood. That doesn't sound like a good idea...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

exploding-waffles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:36 pm
what about the lancer from gears of war?
its basically a rifle with a chainsaw bayonette.
its a smaller chainsaw, but good for precision cuts.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:42 am
exploding-waffles
what about the lancer from gears of war?
its basically a rifle with a chainsaw bayonette.
its a smaller chainsaw, but good for precision cuts.
One word: torque.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Sabotabby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:54 am
As long as when the chainsaw runs out of fuel you can still pedal the bike then its a good idea. One thing to think about with a chainsaw is the noise. I don't know about making muflers for those things but our chainsaw is super loud. I like to be able to hear what is going on around me.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:43 pm
I still like the rocket-propelled chainsaw idea. But it would never work.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:54 am
Requiem6661

You're not going to last very long in this guild, and I'm glad.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:57 pm
That's prity commen using a chainsaw engen to power a vehical, not a bad idea. Works prity well. you kinda only have two speeds though: Go, and stop.
Chainsaw would not be good for zombies, unless youh had a lot of protection to keep the bits from getting all over you.  

Onani Master Luna Thoth

Hygienic Humorist

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:30 pm
Inquisitor Brock
Requiem6661

I do think that, in theory, the RPC is pretty cool.

... that is if it were to be in Evil Dead 4.

Can you imagine Bruce Campbell --- I mean Ash Williams using his engineering skills to make one?

He successfully attached a chainsaw to his stump of a forearm and then made a new hand out of medieval supplies, and probably whatever was in the trunk of the '73 Delta 88.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:37 am
OberFeldwebel
Inquisitor Brock
Requiem6661

Can you imagine Bruce Campbell --- I mean Ash Williams using his engineering skills to make one?

He successfully attached a chainsaw to his stump of a forearm and then made a new hand out of medieval supplies, and probably whatever was in the trunk of the '73 Delta 88.

I don't mind that, I just don't like him much.  

Inquisitor Brock

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:31 pm
Inquisitor Brock
OberFeldwebel
Inquisitor Brock
Requiem6661

Let me guess, because you think I'm some n00b who doesn't know what he's talking about?

REASONS WHY THE RPC WOULDN'T WORK

1) weight. The chainsaw will be very heavy, even if it is a smaller one. Add on to that the size of the rocket motor needed to propel it, and you're talking a minimum of 30 lbs. All this in a 15 lb launcher, and the extra ammo you would need for it to be effective.

2) size. The launcher would have to be very large in order to fit the chainsaw. This would also account for the weight.

3) torque. Once you start the chainsaw up, the torque is going to make the launcher move- a lot. It would be hard to get a target with that thing. The torque will also interfere with the missile in-flight.

4) reliability. Chances are, that chainsaw's going to fall out of the air, either due to it's torque, weight, or the motor running out of fuel. In fact, what's to say the chainsaw will even leave the tube, let alone fly to the target?

It sounds cool, looks cool, and would be cool if it ever worked, but it simply won't.

I don't really care if you don't like me or not. I've been on Gaia for five years, and I've been flamed many times, in addition to the crap I get in real life. I've learned not to care what people think about me.

And judging by what I actually know about guns, I think I'll fare well here.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:24 am
Nope, just don't like you for some reason. I'll help you if you need it, but I'll mock the hell out of you.  

Inquisitor Brock

Teh Emo Squirrel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:27 am
Requiem6661
Inquisitor Brock
OberFeldwebel
Inquisitor Brock
Requiem6661

Let me guess, because you think I'm some n00b who doesn't know what he's talking about?

REASONS WHY THE RPC WOULDN'T WORK

1) weight. The chainsaw will be very heavy, even if it is a smaller one. Add on to that the size of the rocket motor needed to propel it, and you're talking a minimum of 30 lbs. All this in a 15 lb launcher, and the extra ammo you would need for it to be effective.

2) size. The launcher would have to be very large in order to fit the chainsaw. This would also account for the weight.

3) torque. Once you start the chainsaw up, the torque is going to make the launcher move- a lot. It would be hard to get a target with that thing. The torque will also interfere with the missile in-flight.

4) reliability. Chances are, that chainsaw's going to fall out of the air, either due to it's torque, weight, or the motor running out of fuel. In fact, what's to say the chainsaw will even leave the tube, let alone fly to the target?

It sounds cool, looks cool, and would be cool if it ever worked, but it simply won't.

I don't really care if you don't like me or not. I've been on Gaia for five years, and I've been flamed many times, in addition to the crap I get in real life. I've learned not to care what people think about me.

And judging by what I actually know about guns, I think I'll fare well here.

In theory the RPC is possible. But anything can seem possible in theory.
You can get a smaller chainsaw. You could make the chainsaw have a delayed remote start up. You can eleminate all the negative factor to the rpc. And with todays technolgy(spelt wrong whatever), you can make a lazer guided RPC!!!  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff