Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Is Super Smash bros losing its purpose? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:45 pm
Just as long as Nintendo doesn't go over board with the 3rd party characters then it should be fine ...I would say 3 or 4 3rd parties should be the limit (counting the ones already in brawl)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:17 pm
Pay Per Cuts
Dammit, I want King Boo, Captain Olimar (pikmin), and something-wolf Link.

I already have a whole plan for Captain Olimar

B: Red Pikmin/Blue Pikmin causes flames/suffocating bubbles
B Up: Soaring yellow pikmin
B Over: Throw White/Purple pikmin causing minimal damage but poison(like lipstick's flower effect)/Cause serious bodily harm, no side effects.
B Down: Pikmin digging and causing damage to nearby opponents, item is dug out and Olimar picks up and throws it, causing damage depending on what item dug up.

Final Smash: Blows whistle and battalion of pikmin appear and target enimies. In the end they all mysteriously die making the sad little death ghosts rise up from everywhere on stage, causing a moment of WTF?  

Muleferdan

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:17 pm
Digital Knight95
Just as long as Nintendo doesn't go over board with the 3rd party characters then it should be fine ...I would say 3 or 4 3rd parties should be the limit (counting the ones already in brawl)

I believe Nintendo planned on including no more than three third-party characters, so you're safe.

Sonic and Snake are really big additions to the Smash lineup, but for more than just the reason that so many people wanted them. I'd say that Smash Bros. is staying true to its purpose. It was originally a 2D fighting game which stuck out from the crowd, and I'd say that this is no different today, except for the hype generated for the newer games.
Captain Falcon really needs to make his appearance again, though...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:23 pm
If anything the max 4 Third Party characters of being Sonic & Knuckles along with Snake and Raiden!  

Kunx990

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:25 pm
darkslasherX
Digital Knight95

I believe Nintendo planned on including no more than three third-party characters, so you're safe.

Sonic and Snake are really big additions to the Smash lineup, but for more than just the reason that so many people wanted them. I'd say that Smash Bros. is staying true to its purpose. It was originally a 2D fighting game which stuck out from the crowd, and I'd say that this is no different today, except for the hype generated for the newer games.
Captain Falcon really needs to make his appearance again, though...

I,too,believe Nintendo planned on including no more than 3 third-party characters.Although,I think Ness needs to make his appearance again.It sux that Lucas replaced Ness completely  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:30 pm
I have a hunch, you know how Snake was posted on the dojo the same day as the konami conference, and Sonic the same day as the nintendo conference?
Well monday just happens to be Megamans 20th anniversary. I'm pretty sure you know where i'm going with this but i strongely beleive that day will be the day Megaman gets confirmed for Brawl.

Call it a hunch but it sure makes sense.  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kyrenx

Beloved Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:08 pm
I don't really understand what anyone could really mean by Smash bros losing its "purpose" with the addition of non-nintendo licensed characters, as last I remember the original storyline of Smash Bros was a little kid playing with his toys forcing them to battle each other, and they just happen to be all Nintendo characters. Hence the significance of fighting the "master hand(s)".

Pretendo13
We need Geno and Lucario!!!

Definitely Geno and probably even Mallow (Nothing says fun like beating someone down with a Toadstick! xd )  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:14 pm
The more characters, The better. All i can say is give them a chance to fail. If they do, then complain. (Even though i'm a Sonic fan more then Mario, I always wanted the two to battle to prove who's better).  

Halkel

8,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items