Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Secret Society

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Markyeo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:22 am
Hi... I'm wondering, how can I make the secret society? I saw "Make this Sim Society Member" through boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and clicking on the Sim, but I read somewhere that when I make the lot a Secret Society Lot, then it won't show on neighborhood... But that's not what matters. I'm interested in - how to make a secret society and a secret society lot?
Thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:22 am
I'm not too sure but I assume it's something like the hidden places at the vacation areas like the pagoda in the shadows. Being a society member probably means they're able to visit the area when they choose a community lot to visit.

This is pure speculation though.

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50

Markyeo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:24 am
Yeah but I had this even before I bought the Bon Voyage EP. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:24 pm
Every university neighbourhood already comes with a Secret Society lot. You only need to create one yourself if you are making a new uni hood from scratch.
Just build a community lot as you want the Society to be like. When you are done open the cheat panel and type in "changeLotZoning SecretSociety" (without quotes) and then save the lot.
When you exit to the neighbourhood view you wont be able to see the lot you just made but it will be there and anybody who becomes a member will be able to visit it.

This also belongs in the Q&A so I'm shifting it now.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Markyeo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:20 am
So, that means I can only be in a secret society in the College Neighborhood? That sucks! sad I want it in Pleasantview!
BTW how can I make it in college lot and how to get into one?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:55 am
Secret Societies can only exist in University neighbourhoods and only Young Adults can become members.

You become a member by making friends with three Sims who are already members. You can tell who are already members because they wear black blazer jackets with a small llama logo on the front when you visit university community lots.

After having three secret society friends when you are on the lot where the Sim lives a limo will turn up and your Sim will be handcuffed and then taken away to the Society.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Markyeo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:26 pm
Awesome! I wish Adults could get into one... And what when they graduate, if they are in this secret society?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:43 pm
Once a Sim becomes a secret society member they can greet other Sims with a secret handshake. Sims can still do this after they graduate. If you try it on a Sim that was also in the society when they went to college they will do the secret handshake as well.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Markyeo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:52 pm
But if they grow up from young adult to adult, will they still be in this Secret Society?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:14 pm
Nope. Its a university only thing. Adults can't visit the society lot once they graduate.
The main benefits of being a member are that your Sims can hack their grades with a computer and they get access to career reward objects at the society lot.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Markyeo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:18 am
Woah, that's just too awesome! XD
Thanks!  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items