Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gawqueenpenguin

4,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:41 am
I have this reoccurring dream that has been bugging me for the last few days and i was wondering if you guys could give me your thoughts.

I start off sitting in a peaceful field at first i make nothing of it because hey its a field what could be off about a field... but when i look off in the horizon i notice that its flat... perfectly and if any of you have ever looked at a field you notice it curves a bit.

the field is kind of like a plain tall yellow grass with small patches of short green and through the tall yellow grass wild flowers grow mostly blue and pink and here and there bight yellow ones.

i close my eyes for a second maybe even less and i am shocked at what i see. the field has grown wilder and looks as if every war of every past and future was held on this field.. there are canons;bows and arrows; tanks; suits of armor; strange looking vessels that look like nothing i have ever seen. all these war artifacts are rusted and old and the grass has grown through them and in them not to mention some odd vine that i know isn't something i have ever seen and I've been around the world and haven't seen this plant.

i have yet to blink since i last did and i fear the next time i will close my eyes but eventually i can't keep them open any longer and i blink but afraid to open my eyes i keep them shut for what feels like hours. when i do finally open them i have to blink a lot because i am confused at what i see... well what i don't see. there is nothing its not darkness nor is it light my body has weight but i am weightless in that place i exist but i don't its hard to explain what that place is all i know is that when i wake up from this dream I'm always sweaty and breathing hard.

but the dream isn't that terrible in fact i use to like that i had it over and over again to get to that last place... but now that it coming faster and more often i worry about what it means.... any ideas? i know i have to interpret my own dreams but i am kind of lost and blocked on its meaning and hope that your ideas might help me figure it out.

Also do you guys have any reoccurring dreams? want to share?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:48 am
The best interpretor for your dreams is always yourself as there is no such thing as universal symbolism. What symbols mean to us is grounded in individual, personal experience. Go through the various locations and items in the dream and ask them what they symbolize to you, either literally or more metaphorically.

What do you think about the prairie? How does it make you feel? Peaceful and calm? Empty and alone? Nervous or anxious?

What do you think about these objects of war? Do they make you feel cold? Agressive? Afraid? At peace or familiar... like you're used to being around them somehow?

What about that time your eyes are shut? That void-like space? How does that feel? Does it represent death? Is it rebirth? Just emptiness? What?

At first brush, I'd have to say it seems to me to be a vision of the past history of that place, perhaps connected to a past life if you believe in that sort of thing. Depending on how you interpret it though, the prairie could represent a personal state of mind - that on the surface you are calm but inside you're having great conflict (as tools of war mean conflict to most) you need to work out. The void-state suggests that perhaps it hasn't been worked out; it just gets pushed out of mind and surpressed. But like I said, best interpretor is yourself. You know your life better than I do!  

Starlock
Crew

Gawqueenpenguin

4,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:16 pm
Starlock
The best interpretor for your dreams is always yourself as there is no such thing as universal symbolism. What symbols mean to us is grounded in individual, personal experience. Go through the various locations and items in the dream and ask them what they symbolize to you, either literally or more metaphorically.

What do you think about the prairie? How does it make you feel? Peaceful and calm? Empty and alone? Nervous or anxious?

What do you think about these objects of war? Do they make you feel cold? Agressive? Afraid? At peace or familiar... like you're used to being around them somehow?

What about that time your eyes are shut? That void-like space? How does that feel? Does it represent death? Is it rebirth? Just emptiness? What?

At first brush, I'd have to say it seems to me to be a vision of the past history of that place, perhaps connected to a past life if you believe in that sort of thing. Depending on how you interpret it though, the prairie could represent a personal state of mind - that on the surface you are calm but inside you're having great conflict (as tools of war mean conflict to most) you need to work out. The void-state suggests that perhaps it hasn't been worked out; it just gets pushed out of mind and surpressed. But like I said, best interpretor is yourself. You know your life better than I do!

i know i am really the only one who can work out this dream but I've been having it since i started high school... about 7 ish years ago) I've always worked out most of my dreams in the past and then i stop having them but this one escapes me. So i like to see what others think about it see if they can get my wheels turning. even right now the small interpretation you gave me has got my wheels turning ^_^

blessed be.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:49 pm
Gawqueenpenguin
I have this reoccurring dream that has been bugging me for the last few days and i was wondering if you guys could give me your thoughts.

I start off sitting in a peaceful field at first i make nothing of it because hey its a field what could be off about a field... but when i look off in the horizon i notice that its flat... perfectly and if any of you have ever looked at a field you notice it curves a bit.

the field is kind of like a plain tall yellow grass with small patches of short green and through the tall yellow grass wild flowers grow mostly blue and pink and here and there bight yellow ones.

i close my eyes for a second maybe even less and i am shocked at what i see. the field has grown wilder and looks as if every war of every past and future was held on this field.. there are canons;bows and arrows; tanks; suits of armor; strange looking vessels that look like nothing i have ever seen. all these war artifacts are rusted and old and the grass has grown through them and in them not to mention some odd vine that i know isn't something i have ever seen and I've been around the world and haven't seen this plant.

i have yet to blink since i last did and i fear the next time i will close my eyes but eventually i can't keep them open any longer and i blink but afraid to open my eyes i keep them shut for what feels like hours. when i do finally open them i have to blink a lot because i am confused at what i see... well what i don't see. there is nothing its not darkness nor is it light my body has weight but i am weightless in that place i exist but i don't its hard to explain what that place is all i know is that when i wake up from this dream I'm always sweaty and breathing hard.

but the dream isn't that terrible in fact i use to like that i had it over and over again to get to that last place... but now that it coming faster and more often i worry about what it means.... any ideas? i know i have to interpret my own dreams but i am kind of lost and blocked on its meaning and hope that your ideas might help me figure it out.

Also do you guys have any reoccurring dreams? want to share?

i am worried that i may not be being openminded enough with this thought, but i think this may be a warning or calling of the consipracy i am a part of...should i tell you.....hmm... well, i think i would feel better not to tell the hwole thing without you asking me specifically, but what i do think is that you are to play an important part after the violent piece of the prophesy...  

twilight insanity

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff