The Rules of Eldership

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ars Arcana
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:31 am
With the growth of our Guild, and opening of it to fellow vampires with lower renown than us Elders, a guide of rules was needed to sort us our dos and do nots.
Here it is, the guide that tell us how to invite new members and the minion system, as to organize our fellow vampires into Elders and their invited guests.
Take in mind that the one that brings the new member assumes a bit of responsability in instructing him/her into the few guidelines of our Guild.

The Tome of Hierarchy

This book devises the order of invitations into our great Guild, where we vampires can gather rather peacefully. Neverthless, only those that hold no grudges against vamires can join our company. Be our guests Vampire, Human, or ex-Vampire, may they all be treated with the respect they deserve as persons. While only the Guild crew is actually allowed to invite new members into the Guild, those new members can be by members that wish them in. For example, an Elder can set the name of his or hers guest in the Tome of Invitations so the crew can contact the candidate to new member in his or hers name. The candidate must atest if he or she is or was Vampire during the war and on, and the level attained lastly. While we do not bother checking most levels, Elders are requisited to present a picture as proof they undergone the time and work necessary to become so. Other levels aren't confirmed, though lies, if discovered, will become a shameful deed once exposed. Whichever is the level of the member only matters into having a set of minions, while this rule may be loosened later, right now only Elders are allowed a Scroll of Minions.

Specifications when recommending humans:
While current humans are accepted into the clan, they are not assigned a vampire level in the Scroll of Minions, even if they were vampires during the 2007's Halloween event. Instead they are assigned as Minions directly to their Elders.

Specifications when recommending vampires:
Vampires that do not meet the Elder status are assigned their class at the end of the event, while their examiners should check a proof of their level, a screenshot or simply confirm by itself their last level attained. The latter done by the ones that recommended the invitation. The minion vampire is signed within the Elder's Scroll of Minions with his/hers class.

Specifications when recommending new Elder vampires:
It is required that Elders show a screenshot of their event page, confirming their level. While the level of Elder does not bring any advantages in the RPGs or Guild, except for the minion factor, the original purpose of the Guild was to assemble the Elders into it, and so, the Elders had to meet proof of their status. This rule is to be maintained for long, as to identify those that used their time and spent effort into reaching 250 points during the war, as a way to honor them. Elders are can be minions to other Elder, however a Minor Elder cannot hold a Scroll of Minions while being part of the Scroll of Minions of another vampire. The Elder might leave that contract and become an Elder with his Minions when he wishes, talking to the Elder he or she is assigned under, so all the process enrolls naturally without attricts. An Elder cannot hold another Vampire as a minion against their will, Elder-less Minions will be moved to a new Elder they want upon wish of him or her, and the new Elder, or moved to the gallery of Rogue Vampires. The event page can still be acessed at http://www.gaiaonline.com/event/halloween2007 for skin change or screenshots.

About Invitations:
Only staff members have the ability to invite a new member, however, any member can recommend a new member to be invited, doing so in the thread called Tome of Summoning. The new member is assigned as a Minion to the Elder that recommended him or her or to the Elder that answers for the minion that recommended him/her, once he or she is asked for approval.

About the Scroll of Minions:
The Elder must update and care for his or hers own Scroll, updating it with any change to his chain of Minions, keeping their names and levels, and also, a personal file of each of their characters, so recognaissance of each Elder and Minions can be made easier.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:54 am
Example of the first post of a thread in the Tome of Minions:

Gaia ID:
Scroll of Minions under the Name of
Current Number of Minions:

Hereby I accept and guard these below these words as my minions.

Minion #1
Minion's ID:
Minion's Name:
Minion's Race:
Minion's Class:

Minion #2 and so on in the same post as much as that is required or possible. It is reccomended that the Elder reserve one post for himself below the first. The text doesn't need to be blackened or assuming any other format than what's written on it's basic form, anyone can write it blackened, pink, itallic, etc, but keep it readable and clear, no white text over white background.  

Ars Arcana
Crew

Ars Arcana
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:05 am
Filled example of the first post of a thread in the Tome of Minions, so everything is clear.:

Gaia ID: Ars Arcana.
Scroll of Minions under the Name of Ars Arcana.
Current Number of Minions: 0.
Ars Arcana
Name: Ars Arcana.
Age: Over eight hundred for sure, his birth and birthplace are maintained in secrecy.
Apparent age: 26.
Relatives: His mother was a succubus, his father a vampire, while he was born as a hybrid he'd be easier pictured as a vampire with white wings, hair and earwings.
Ethereal Powers: As a succubus' son he can traverse the world of dreams within his mind and he can also use his wings as a medium to morph his body. However that morphing is partial, it only expands to the mass his wings carry, even if maintaining the morph doesn't cost him effort, by getting a new limb he loses his real limb. He is knowns at some clans for undergoing berserk stages when short of blood and sometimes shunned at his hybrid lineage. The added mass grants him more power but not more than a high vampire.
Appearance: Red eyes, though whitish blue during a shortage of blood. White hair, and wings, a white skin, not to be seen as vampiric white, but human white, or bordering the two. He's not very tall and hides his wings by adding them as black tattoos that cover most of his limbs. He can metamorph within another human forms at will by using his succubus heritage but avoids doing so and keeps his usual shape. He has his hair long to his back and ruffled back usually by his hand. Usually wears long jackets and jeans, trying to avoid attention from both vampires and humans, but ends being noticed easily by his appearance.

Taking my responsability and power as an Elder Vampire, I inscribe my will onto taking a small group of younger Vampire into my care so to protect and strenghten them against any harm that may come to our way. All this under a code of honor and truth between I, the Elder, and my Underlings.
Hereby I accept and guard these below these words as my minions.  
Tome of Minions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games