Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Retermined

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:22 pm
I didn't do much, but you're welcome ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:17 am
Good morning everyone, can an old lady let you know what she thinks about death?? When I was younger, like you, I feared death too, but now that I'm older I really look forward to it, the only bad thing that I can see is leaving the loved ones behind, but you really have to make sure that they know Jesus that way you'll see them again in heaven. One thing we have to remember is that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, that's what I think about when I think about death, I'll see His glorious face, isn't that a wonderful thought, to finally see Jesus. I think death comes so fast, and He's right there with us, that there isn't time to think about it. He has said in His Word that He'll never leave us or forsake us, see we have so many great Scriptures to lean on, so maybe you should just get out your Bible and start reading the Word, talk to Him about how you're feeling, let His peace come over you, then the fear will be all gone. The Holy Spirit is a wonderful friend in times of fear and despair, turn to Him. God Bless  

Miss Abigal of Lenox

Lord Rhapsody

Greedy Giver

8,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:03 pm
Miss Abigal of Lenox
Good morning everyone, can an old lady let you know what she thinks about death?? When I was younger, like you, I feared death too, but now that I'm older I really look forward to it, the only bad thing that I can see is leaving the loved ones behind, but you really have to make sure that they know Jesus that way you'll see them again in heaven. One thing we have to remember is that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, that's what I think about when I think about death, I'll see His glorious face, isn't that a wonderful thought, to finally see Jesus. I think death comes so fast, and He's right there with us, that there isn't time to think about it. He has said in His Word that He'll never leave us or forsake us, see we have so many great Scriptures to lean on, so maybe you should just get out your Bible and start reading the Word, talk to Him about how you're feeling, let His peace come over you, then the fear will be all gone. The Holy Spirit is a wonderful friend in times of fear and despair, turn to Him. God Bless

Amen.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:56 pm
i'm not afraid of death because i know where i'm going ..... to heaven  

shinechie

MissKML

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:54 pm
thanks you guys your helping me alot whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:53 am
I don't know what I can say. I'm afraid of death as well, 'cause I'm afraid when I die I'm just going to be laying in a dark hole for eternity. I believe that we will go to Heaven when we die, but that thought always lerks in the back of my mind.  

smokymtn_cowgirl

3,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100

Follow the Wolves

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:23 pm
bella_cullen_08
I don't know what I can say. I'm afraid of death as well, 'cause I'm afraid when I die I'm just going to be laying in a dark hole for eternity. I believe that we will go to Heaven when we die, but that thought always lerks in the back of my mind.

Why would that scare you?

You wouldn't be aware of yourself in a final death. The brain has shut down, all thought process is ended.

I personally find that nothing to fear.

Either way, we have rest.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:18 pm
MissKML
i think everyone is but when ever i talk or think about death i get this really sick feeling but i know god will keep me safe. any help?

Death is not a termination but a transition to eternal life. Our life in this world is just temporary a tent... its normal to feel that way but when you are form with love you will never be afraid of death. God loves us... death is not the end rather death is just a beginning...  

Lokhen

Yagami Light927

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:24 pm
MissKML
i think everyone is but when ever i talk or think about death i get this really sick feeling but i know god will keep me safe. any help?

We all have our own fears. Death is not one for me, anymore. Before I came to Christ, I was suicidal, hence why I don't fear death. After I came to Christ, I finally realized that death is nothing to fear. To be honest, I can't wait to die, but I'm not going to kill myself. When God calls me home, I can't wait for it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:13 am
I'm not scared of death but im scared of the pain that I will feel when i die or am dieing.  

beckyz0r

Absity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Well, this is a late post. Eh.

I agree with Beth. We WERE supposed to be eternal, but sin DID destroy that, so now we have to die (as punishment). So, it should only feel natural to fear death.

I still, personally, feel that familiar pain and sickness in my stomach whenever I think of death. Not because I don't want to die, but more of what God is going to say to me when I get there. My ULTIMATE fear is that the words that come out of His mouth will NOT be "Well done, my good and faithful servant" but something along the opposite lines.

I say that because, well, I'm not the perfect Christian, and I make mistakes fairly often, and that upsets me; I think I should be doing a lot better.

Questions and Answers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff