Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Quest and Donation Threads
Looking to be adopted...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Luck _ Kylie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:44 pm
Hi everybody. First off, let me tell a little something about myself.

My name is Kylie and i'm Asian American, specifically Hmong. And if you've never heard of Hmong, don't be afraid to ask me what that is. ^_^ I'm 22 years old...(old..i know...especially for a gaian). I am a nursing student attending a junior college for my associates and after I graduate, hopefully I will get my bachelors at a 4 year college. I love listening to music...all different genres. I love it when people suggest music for me to listen to because it keeps me open minded. At least I think it does....? Anyways, I've been on active on gaia for only a few months and i'm loving every bit of it. Its just that I don't really have any friends that I actually talk to on here on a daily basis, which is kind of boring. So, anyways, I want to be adopted just so I can have somebody to talk to and have somebody to help me out. Thanks for your time people.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:02 am
what is hmong? sweatdrop  

SandcastleBuilder

Lady Luck _ Kylie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:12 pm
SandcastleBuilder
what is hmong? sweatdrop

Hmong people don't really have a specific country they're from. All I know is that my ancestors were originated in Mongolia, and then traveled down to China. While in China, during the dynasty periods....the Hmong people were killed and chased away towards the Southeast Peninsula of China. And now, Hmong people reside in Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam mainly. There are still quite a few Hmong people in China. During the Vietnam War, the Hmong people were helping America. Americans promised land and freedom for the Hmong people but when the war was lost, the Hmong people fled the country and came to America with their help. The ones who didn't escape are still over there being killed, genocide, and oppressed by the communist. A majority of Hmong people live in the US though. Hope that helps you understand a little more about Hmong people.

P.S. Hmong people do have their own language and culture but it has been accumulated from others as well. I would say the Hmong people are most similar to Chinese people, only because of the some of the last names we have.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:51 pm
kxiong0823
SandcastleBuilder
what is hmong? sweatdrop

Hmong people don't really have a specific country they're from. All I know is that my ancestors were originated in Mongolia, and then traveled down to China. While in China, during the dynasty periods....the Hmong people were killed and chased away towards the Southeast Peninsula of China. And now, Hmong people reside in Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam mainly. There are still quite a few Hmong people in China. During the Vietnam War, the Hmong people were helping America. Americans promised land and freedom for the Hmong people but when the war was lost, the Hmong people fled the country and came to America with their help. The ones who didn't escape are still over there being killed, genocide, and oppressed by the communist. A majority of Hmong people live in the US though. Hope that helps you understand a little more about Hmong people.

P.S. Hmong people do have their own language and culture but it has been accumulated from others as well. I would say the Hmong people are most similar to Chinese people, only because of the some of the last names we have.

Thank you. I love learning the history of other cultures. It is just so fascinating.  

SandcastleBuilder

iiZack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:59 pm
Ill adopt you^^.  
Quest and Donation Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out