Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Which pokemon is stronger?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which pokemon is stronger?
  Groudon
  Kyogre
View Results

Hidden-Assasin333

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:48 am
Which legendary will be the victor  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:09 pm
Rattata can pwn both 1v1.  

nitnit
Captain

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:51 pm
Ubers are for nOObs any Pokemon could take them down.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:48 pm
If used right any pokemon can own those two. But thats competitively. If in-game then Kyouge is better.  

Harrison Richardson

Kunx990

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:34 pm
Which effect is currently active. That is very important first of all. If Drought is in effect then Groundon can whip out a Solarbeam and probly TwoHKO Kyroge if it has DEF EVs and SP. Attack EVs and Kyroge wasn't a tank/sponge.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:06 pm
I agree with Kunx in that it depends on what weather is active. Sure, Kyogre has Water Spout, but Groudon can fire off insane Solar Beams in sunlight while Kyogre's Water Spout is weakened by the sun. Then again, Kyogre can always just use Ice Beam. In rain, however, Groudon can't do much to Kyogre, and Kyogre will probably take Groudon out in one hit with a rain-boosted Water Spout.

Overall, Kyogre is probably more useful in the ubers metagame because it usually plays the ever-so-important role of special tank, using Calm Mind to boost its Special Defense and offensive powers and finishing with Thunder and Ice Beam. Groudon's usual role is as a slow bulky sweeper, trying to take down all slower than it with Swords Dance-boosted Earthquakes and Rock Slides. At least, that's my opinion of the two.  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:23 pm
Fireyblaze000
If used right any pokemon can own those two. But thats competitively. If in-game then Kyouge is better.

No, not most of the UU/NU, and even the majority of OU/BL would have trouble. Except ratatta.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:26 pm
nitnit
Fireyblaze000

No, not most of the UU/NU, and even the majority of OU/BL would have trouble. Except ratatta.
I dunno, Pikachu seems to have his way with them as well...oddly enough  

Tyhoon

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:30 pm
I said the majority can't. The post I quoted kind of said that "any" pokemon can easily pwn Kyogre/Groudon.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:30 pm
*Grass Knot*  

Guyu_sword

Tyhoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:33 pm
nitnit
I said the majority can't. The post I quoted kind of said that "any" pokemon can easily pwn Kyogre/Groudon.
Ah. Now that I look at it, I can see where commonly used pokemon like Metagross and Tyranitar would run into some serious problems...and yet Starmie still PWNS everything >_<  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:55 pm
If you give a pokemon leftovers than they can beat rattata  

Pretendo13

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:57 pm
Pretendo13
If you give a pokemon leftovers than they can beat rattata
Not always. Max Attack Rattata can beat some Leftovers users, like Special tank Kyogre.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:43 am
Actually it's a cycle: water can beat earth and earth can beat water. SO technically both win, it depends on weather as they said and how they're used.  

FantasyFollower

North Fang

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:33 pm
I agree, any pokemon can become strong as long as it is trained correctly.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games