Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
(Updated: STILL Cannot reinstall)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:37 am
I did what you all sugested, and for those who are just joining me in my paranoid-mess, here's the problem. I uninstalled Sims 2, then I want to reinstall it, however, I get a pop up window with a red circle and white X and all the buttons i have to click is "ok"...

I have tried the My Computer thing, still got the SAME pop up. I tried checking trough my disk drive, makeing sure it was reading it. It was reading it, it's just not laoding it. I'm still trying out things, but all I wnat to do is play sims. That's all. It's not THAT much to ask for.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:05 pm
You un-installed the game and is trying to install it again, right? Is your disc drive working? Maybe your disc drive isn't reading the Sims 2 CD correctly. Try to use another game CD or something to see if it runs.  

Hello Soma

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:37 am
I've come across that pop-up before but not with Sims and it was a long time ago so I can't remember what it means, sorry.
All I can suggest at the moment is to try going into "My Computer" and right clicking on the disc then choosing "Autorun" and see if it works then.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:49 am
Since what we suggested didn't work then all I can suggest now is to get in contact with the official EA support.
Maybe you should try checking the Sims 2 BBS to see if anyone on there has reported a similar problem.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:25 pm
Menaceman
Since what we suggested didn't work then all I can suggest now is to get in contact with the official EA support.
Maybe you should try checking the Sims 2 BBS to see if anyone on there has reported a similar problem.

OK, what's sims 2 bbs? And also if that BBS thing doesn't work, would be calling them be ok? Or will I just sound stupid?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:58 pm
Sims 2 BBS is the official Sims 2 forum located here: http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/index.php?pid=Community_bbs

You'll need to register your game in order to log in and post. Maybe the people there will be able to help you better. 3nodding  

Hello Soma

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff