Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
pokesave?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pokesave? Hack or Legit
  Hack
  Legit
View Results

cursedfirefox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:28 pm
Okay i know it has been talked about many times in this guild but what does it exactly do?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:30 pm
it makes absolutly any pokemon with any moveset you can imagine. it also takes care of IV's and EV's  

ravemaster47

cursedfirefox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:47 pm
ravemaster47
it makes absolutly any pokemon with any moveset you can imagine. it also takes care of IV's and EV's

So then it is cheating cause a person who doesn't have pokesave has to hope for perfect IVs while a person using pokesave automatically puts it that way.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:51 pm
it's not exactly cheating since it can be done in the actual game with out pokesav. it just saves time using it.  

ravemaster47

cursedfirefox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:57 pm
which is called hacking.......  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:02 pm
some people here have jobs, like you, and don't have the time to work for hours on end on a single pokemon, some people here have two jobs. so i see pokesav as a major time saver, not a tool for hackers to use. i personally have no problem with people using pokesav just so long as it can be done within the actual game, for instance, no pokemon with max EV's in all stats, IV's i don't really care about, since it can be done and all stats can have 31 max IV's.  

ravemaster47

cursedfirefox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:09 pm
ravemaster47
some people here have jobs, like you, and don't have the time to work for hours on end on a single pokemon, some people here have two jobs. so i see pokesav as a major time saver, not a tool for hackers to use. i personally have no problem with people using pokesav just so long as it can be done within the actual game, for instance, no pokemon with max EV's in all stats, IV's i don't really care about, since it can be done and all stats can have 31 max IV's.

so if i used something that would get me a whole bunch of items that i could find normally in the game but i didnt have time to go get them it is fine?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:12 pm
more or less.  

ravemaster47

Kunx990

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:45 am
My views on hacking is its ok if you do not have it to an extreme like impossible stats and illegal move sets.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:06 pm
Kunx990
My views on hacking is its ok if you do not have it to an extreme like impossible stats and illegal move sets.

So kunx you saying that maxing out the stats for the pokemon is wrong so giving perfect IVs are wrong. Unless you actually got lucky enough to find it.  

cursedfirefox

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:21 pm
Technically, Pokesav doesn't give you the same results as breeding for perfect IVs unless you know how to calculate personality values (not to be confused with natures), which very few people outside of Nintendo/Game Freak do. In this way, it isn't really cheating. In other words, Pokesav Pokémon can be detected as hacks by advanced programs that Nintendo easily has access to. Because of this, people who really do care about Pokémon being hacked can sniff out and eliminate hacks in any tournament conducted locally (not internet tournaments, sadly, because you need access to the Pokémon in question).
With that said, I don't care if people battle with Pokémon hacked with Pokesav as long as they are legal in-game (no Brave Bird/Hypnosis Crobats or Explosion Magikarps or, horror of horrors, Wondertombs).  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:31 pm
Pokesav isn't cheating.

As rave said, it's just used to save time, because some of us have a life. As long as the Pokemon has legal stats, effects, and movesets, the Pokemon is fine to use.

I also believe that even if you used Pokesav, it takes brains and luck to win a battle. Even if someone made a maxed out Rayquaza with 4 moves in the 100 power range, it could still be taken out by a Pokemon created by someone with enough brainpower to figure out what could beat it (It's pretty easy to figure out one Pokemon).

What I'm saying is,
A) As long as the Pokemon is legal, Pokesav is legal
B) It takes more than strong Pokemon to win a battle  

PhoenixBlade983

Kunx990

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:29 pm
PhoenixBlade983
Pokesav isn't cheating.

As rave said, it's just used to save time, because some of us have a life. As long as the Pokemon has legal stats, effects, and movesets, the Pokemon is fine to use.

I also believe that even if you used Pokesav, it takes brains and luck to win a battle. Even if someone made a maxed out Rayquaza with 4 moves in the 100 power range, it could still be taken out by a Pokemon created by someone with enough brainpower to figure out what could beat it (It's pretty easy to figure out one Pokemon).

What I'm saying is,
A) As long as the Pokemon is legal, Pokesav is legal
B) It takes more than strong Pokemon to win a battle

Seeing how that situation will be an uber battle I'd have a Kyorge that has Rested and CM'd at lest twice.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:20 pm
FEAR can take out any pokemon no problem except for ghosts  

ravemaster47

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas