Reply Multimedia
Beyond The Rave

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xStephanx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:46 pm
Has anyone seen the trailer for this on MySpace? Obviously its a spin on words from Beyond The Grave. It appears to be a Blade-esque vampire blast em up. Set around a rave. Very Cyber Goth, I aprove. eek

Not sure of the release details, but I intend to see this asap.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:29 am
Ehh... generally speaking, I'm an optimist. But one of the few things I'm always skeptical about is vampires. I've seen upwards of 50 vampire movies, of which, I'd only consider about 3 to be good. The statistics for books and other mediums tend to be even lower, in my experience.  

GilAskan
Crew

xStephanx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:13 pm
Lol, I've met members of the Luton Vampire Society. Nutters, the lot of them. I mean, vampires are potentially cool story devices but I wouldn't base my life on them.

What 3 did you pick? I'd say Interview With The Vampire and the Blade movies were good.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:32 pm
xStephanx
Lol, I've met members of the Luton Vampire Society. Nutters, the lot of them. I mean, vampires are potentially cool story devices but I wouldn't base my life on them.

What 3 did you pick? I'd say Interview With The Vampire and the Blade movies were good.

I think I should've used the term "great" rather than "good".

My three? The original 1922 Murnau "Nosferatu", the 2001 animated short-feature "Blood: The Last Vampire" (running at only 45 minutes, including the closing credits), and the 2000 film "Shadow of the Vampire".

This isn't to say that I dislike all other vampire films- I do make a distinction between "great" and "entertaining". A great film is intelligent, artistically motivated, and well-produced. An entertaining film isn't essentially bad, and they can very well be good, but a lack of one of the previously mentioned features keeps it from being great. I was entertained by the Blade films, the first Underworld movie, The Hunger, and a handful of others.

To be more distinct-

Total Vampire films seen ~ 50
Number of them I'd consider great = 3
Number I'd consider entertaining, and good ~ 10
Number I'd consider bad ~ The rest  

GilAskan
Crew

Tainted Deity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:47 am
GilAskan
xStephanx

I think I should've used the term "great" rather than "good".

My three? The original 1922 Murnau "Nosferatu", the 2001 animated short-feature "Blood: The Last Vampire" (running at only 45 minutes, including the closing credits), and the 2000 film "Shadow of the Vampire".

This isn't to say that I dislike all other vampire films- I do make a distinction between "great" and "entertaining". A great film is intelligent, artistically motivated, and well-produced. An entertaining film isn't essentially bad, and they can very well be good, but a lack of one of the previously mentioned features keeps it from being great. I was entertained by the Blade films, the first Underworld movie, The Hunger, and a handful of others.

To be more distinct-

Total Vampire films seen ~ 50
Number of them I'd consider great = 3
Number I'd consider entertaining, and good ~ 10
Number I'd consider bad ~ The rest

I'm glad that's entirely clear now.
I love overly precise casual chatter.

I haven't heard anything about this but it sounds rather good.
I disliked Underworld, it was silly.

Multimedia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff