Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
How do you...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AngelKeeper2k1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:50 am
1. How long does it take to write a novel? One of my sims just keep writing and writing and writing but it never seems to finish.

2. How do you reach Golden Anniversary?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:52 am
I don't know how long it takes to write a novel, but I agree, it takes a while.

And to reach a golden anniversary, both married sims must reach elderhood and have an anniversary party.

Hope that helps!

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:12 pm
1. I've heard it takes 36 hours to complete a novel. It can be done easily if you have OFB and one of the snap dragon bouquets (and someone who isn't preoccupied with raising babies XP) So they can dedicate themselves to working on the novel.

2. You reach a golden anniversary ONLY when neither sim has cheated on the other their entire married life. Once they reach elderhood, if neither sim has cheated on the other, you will have the option to have a golden anniversary (I'm pretty sure it'll appear on the phone as such, but I can't remember, I've only done it once).

But be warned: A sim will get a memory of cheating even if he or she didn't do anything but stand there while another sim flirted with them. Even if that flirt was rejected by the married sim, they get that memory of cheating which will prevent you from having a golden anniversary.

So sad, but it does add quite a bit of challenge to the game.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:29 am
Thank you! 4laugh I really appreciate the help~!  

AngelKeeper2k1

tamenak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:28 am
Quote:
2. You reach a golden anniversary ONLY when neither sim has cheated on the other their entire married life. Once they reach elderhood, if neither sim has cheated on the other, you will have the option to have a golden anniversary (I'm pretty sure it'll appear on the phone as such, but I can't remember, I've only done it once).

But be warned: A sim will get a memory of cheating even if he or she didn't do anything but stand there while another sim flirted with them. Even if that flirt was rejected by the married sim, they get that memory of cheating which will prevent you from having a golden anniversary.

I didn't know that. But I just recently had a couple. The wife cheated on the husband over 10 times, and even got caught once or twice by him. They were still able to have an anniversary party when they became elders.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:38 pm
tamenak

I didn't know that. But I just recently had a couple. The wife cheated on the husband over 10 times, and even got caught once or twice by him. They were still able to have an anniversary party when they became elders.

A Golden Anniversary is different from a regular anniversary. She was asking about the Golden Anniversary which only comes about when your sims don't cheat.

Banana-nana

MikeyCam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:07 am
I had the golden anniversary option come up even though one of the married Sims did cheat- not the one who needed the golden anniversary as a life achievement, but his wife did. He still got the life achievement.

Now I'm wondering if it was just a fluke in the game. I checked their memories and the wife has the memory of cheating several times. He did not.

Guess I'll have to wait for this next couple I have to see if it was a fluke or not. I'll let you know when the time comes.

btw, thanks on the info about the novel- I had always wondered about that.  
The Sims 2 Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games