Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Teaching English

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

For the money?
  Yep.
  Always.
  For the love of it.
View Results

HarlequinGoddess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:42 am
I am teaching English to a bunch of foreign people from all over the world. While this is a really fun volunteering job, I'm nervous. I keep forgetting specific placements of words, or not understanding fully how things are used.

Can we discuss different aspects of grammar here, or do you know of a book I can purchase to help? I really don't want to lead all of these wonderful, trusting foreign people astray.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:25 pm
Can you be more specific when you mean "placement of words"?  

toachung

7,450 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Contributor 150

Natsuri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:47 pm
HarlequinGoddess
I am teaching English to a bunch of foreign people from all over the world. While this is a really fun volunteering job, I'm nervous. I keep forgetting specific placements of words, or not understanding fully how things are used.

Can we discuss different aspects of grammar here, or do you know of a book I can purchase to help? I really don't want to lead all of these wonderful, trusting foreign people astray.

As in word order in sentences? I may write it naturally, with 80-97% accuracy, but the details and specifics I don't really care about. confused

In other words, you got me.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff