Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxDestinyMoonxX

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:36 pm
There maybe many meanings and maybe not.
Instead of it being "the meaning of life", it should be "what does life mean to you". I feel that is just really simple;
Be born,
Grow,
Have some off spring/ pass on your genes
and then die.
This is the logical view as this is what all races strive to achive, to be the most successful race (hence we humans). I've ask this question to a couple of people and all of them gave diffrent to eachother. One that stands out was " Living your life to the fullest." Seems like a clear choice but noting the point from before, people believe that the "meaning of life" is different.
(Slightly off topic: Although I believe that trying to have offsprings is the meaning of live, I don't actually follow this. Even though it's what I believe as the meaning of live doesn't mean you follow it. I don't intend to have children in the furture and would rather just prefer to be myself then some sex freak who must have a child sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:19 pm

See, I agree with you that for your life to have meaning you don't need to have children. I'm not going to either. The thing is, first you say "it should be 'what does life mean to you'", but then you go back and step away from this individualized look at things and turn it into being about whole species. I do think it is a much more individual concern though. Each person should primarily just concern themself with making meaning for their own life. There's nothing written in stone, built into the fabric of reality that says "YOU MUST EXIST TO PERPETUATE AN ENDLESS CYCLE OF REPLICATION OF MEMBERS OF YOUR SPECIES." See, "This is the logical view as this is what all races strive to achieve, to be the most successful race", that really isn't true, because as far as we know, no other species even has the mental capacity to think up and settle on a goal to have meaning for their life, so they cannot consciously be striving to be the most successful race anyway. They act by instincts and on very range of the moment and cyclical means, with little sense of the long term or grand scale. Maybe following those instincts and cycles and such can contribute toward them one day being what we could call the most successful species, but they aren't consciously aiming for that goal anyway.

"Living your life to the fullest." <-- That one sounds pretty good to me. 3nodding I came to a similar conclusions around a decade ago. I think Aristotle also came to a similar conclusion thousands of years ago. He has some pretty good reasoning behind his conclusion too even having come to it so long ago.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

51: Philosophy.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas