Submit

Wolves_Witches_and_Love

Anxious Cat

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:40 pm
I love how people just continue to go on about what the covers mean or what they think the covers mean. Even though some one posted Stephine's words.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:50 pm
Nymphadora-Tonks19
I love how people just continue to go on about what the covers mean or what they think the covers mean. Even though some one posted Stephine's words.

xd So true!  

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

o marilyn monrobot o

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:29 am
"Legend tells of a Persian youth, named Ferhad, who fell in love with a young woman named Shirin. She did not reciprocate his feelings for her, so he went out into the desert to die, presumably from a broken heart. As his heart ached, his tears fell into the sand and turned into beautiful tulips. Amongst the Persians, the tulip is an offering a young man makes to his beloved. What he is saying in the Language of Flowers is 'as the redness of this flower, I am on fire with love.' Shortly after World War II, the Dutch shipped hundreds of thousands of tulip bulbs to Ottawa, the capital of Canada. This symbolic gesture showed their thanks to the Canadian soldiers for freeing Holland from German occupation, and also the way Canada's government welcomed Queen Maria to remain in Ottawa while the during the war.

Color messages abound with tulips which primarily express a declaration of love in a gift from a lover. Variegated tulips are for "beautiful eyes." Red tulips indicate an irresistible love, and yellow tulips indicate hopeless love that has no chance of reconciliation. Tulips that are combined in color express other messages, Red and yellow roses together are an expression of congratulations, while yellow and orange roses together imply passionate thoughts. Red and white roses signify unity. "  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:32 am
i saw that &it's just a guess of what the publisher was thinking when they chose the tulip as the cover for new moon. although it may very well have been a pretty picture only.  

o marilyn monrobot o

WickedSong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:20 am
o marilyn monrobot o
"Legend tells of a Persian youth, named Ferhad, who fell in love with a young woman named Shirin. She did not reciprocate his feelings for her, so he went out into the desert to die, presumably from a broken heart. As his heart ached, his tears fell into the sand and turned into beautiful tulips. Amongst the Persians, the tulip is an offering a young man makes to his beloved. What he is saying in the Language of Flowers is 'as the redness of this flower, I am on fire with love.' Shortly after World War II, the Dutch shipped hundreds of thousands of tulip bulbs to Ottawa, the capital of Canada. This symbolic gesture showed their thanks to the Canadian soldiers for freeing Holland from German occupation, and also the way Canada's government welcomed Queen Maria to remain in Ottawa while the during the war.

Color messages abound with tulips which primarily express a declaration of love in a gift from a lover. Variegated tulips are for "beautiful eyes." Red tulips indicate an irresistible love, and yellow tulips indicate hopeless love that has no chance of reconciliation. Tulips that are combined in color express other messages, Red and yellow roses together are an expression of congratulations, while yellow and orange roses together imply passionate thoughts. Red and white roses signify unity. "

I like that theory. So the tulip would be Bella's tulip for Edward (or the other way around) and it's wilting...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:21 am
Apple -- Forbiden Friut (Come on people. I'm not even religious and I know that one.)
The Flower -- dying love
The Broken Ribbon -- (I'm just guessing here, but my uncle was sayning some stuff that it could be and they all had to do with something being broken and I re-read the book again and I think I figured it out.) Broken hearts

Twilight -- Beats me! She refers to it a lot as a sad time in the book, but I'm still not sure about that one.
New Moon -- Well, when Bella looks up in the sky that day that Edward left, it was a new moon, so I think it has something to do with there being no light in her life anymore because Edward wasn't with her anymore.
Eclipse -- Jacob makes the comment at the end of the book, "The clouds I can handle. But I can't fight with an eclipse." I think that means that, when an elcipse happens, the sun is completly blocked out. Well, to Bella, Edward blocks out everything. So, there. I think that makes since.
Breaking Dawn -- Seeing as how I have nothing but the title and the many, MANY theories to go by, I think that it means something along the lines of the start of a new life, since dwan is when the new day begins.  

x~ Reyna ~x

Paris05

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:38 pm
x~ Reyna ~x

Breaking Dawn -- Seeing as how I have nothing but the title and the many, MANY theories to go by, I think that it means something along the lines of the start of a new life, since dwan is when the new day begins.

I agree! Breaking dawn as in meaning a new day begins
[ perhaps the transformation of bella? ]  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas