Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
"I HATE MY COMPUTER!" - the sims issue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate your computer?
  Yes
  No
  Sometimes
  COOKIES?!?!
View Results

demon_babe00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:32 pm
Okay, so..

My friend (or rather, sister) just bought the Sims Deluxe Edition. She had another Sims game on her computer (laptop). She had to re-do her computer because of a virus. Then when she tried to reinstall this new Sims it wouldn't let her. Her computer tells her that she already has sims on her computer. Which doesn't make sense, because when she redid her computer it would've been erased.

What is the deal? How to fix it?
You can send Midevilmistress PMs regarding this issue. But she probably won't be on in a while, so you can just post here. biggrin Thanks in advance.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:26 am
That's really weird....

Have you tried checking your Programs in the Control Panel? There should be a list with all your installed programs, check to make sure The Sims 2 isn't on it.

Other than that... :/ I don't know.
I'd say wipe the computer again...but then again, if that were me, I wouldn't want to do that. x.x;  

LinkGirl

demon_babe00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:31 am
LinkGirl
That's really weird....

Have you tried checking your Programs in the Control Panel? There should be a list with all your installed programs, check to make sure The Sims 2 isn't on it.

Other than that... :/ I don't know.
I'd say wipe the computer again...but then again, if that were me, I wouldn't want to do that. x.x;

She has looked in her control panel and so have I it isn't there.

And she really doesn't want to wipe the computer again, now she needs to find a windows xp disc and the other stuff for her PoS. Yeah she bought her computer and didn't get ANY disc's how stupid is that.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:35 am
All I can suggest it that you contact EA tech support with your problem. Or check the Sims 2 BBS (official forums) for similar problems.
Maybe something has been left behind in the key registry.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items