Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
guys and eyelash?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

it's easier to knit for
  guys
  girls
  kids
  myself
  anyone!
View Results

anashenwrath

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:48 am
so a male friend of mine was admiring an eyelash scarf i was making for a friend, and i had the genius thought to make him one as well.

anyway, as i'm knitting it up, i'm more and more concerned that eyelash is too "girly" a yarn. i know that sounds terrible, but i'm worried that he'll never wear it because it's so fluffy, even in neutral blacks and grays.

anyone knit eyelash for guys and have any problems? any guys out there have opinions on eyelash projects?

thanks!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:56 pm
I usually use a bulky or worsted weight in a darker color when I knit for guys. Which eyelash is it? Fun fur? Try mixing it with wool-ease or homespun. What color is it?  

fashionista468

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:22 pm
This may sounds silly (though many guys will back me up on this) Guys are funny creatures. Whatever they see and decide they like... they like, regardless of what girls think they *should* like. And if your guy says he thinks the eyelash yarn is cool, then he'll probably like a scarf out of it.

As for colors guys tend to go for neutrals, dark tones, and any colors you can associate with something he likes: school colors, favorite sports team colors ect...

Good luck!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:39 pm
thanks guys! azure, i really appreciate your input! i am making it mostly black, since he's dark like that. emo of course, i'm throwing in a little gray-green to shake it up. but you're absolutely right; i know i'm being super weird about this. i very rarely knit for people i'm close to for just this reason. sweatdrop you made me feel a lot better. mrgreen

@fashionista: it's not fun fur, it's "furland" by plymouth yarn... i've never used it before. maybe i should look into knitting it together with something less...fluffy. sweatdrop that's a good idea.  

anashenwrath

Kingyo~goldfish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:13 pm
I usually don't assign gender to inanimate objects, but uh......
yeah, no
that's not gonna be hetero, ma'am.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:40 pm
well if i gotten a scarf that was furry i,myself wouldn't wear it always, but if it is my favorite color and not that too puffy (if you know what i mean), but go ahead you can always have a "backup gift" or have it able to do more things like able to put hands in at the ends for a glove or something. just throwing some random suggestions, but i hope that sorta helps.  

Kanhoro

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff