Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:52 am
Pan_nikki_chan2005
LittleGreenGirl
... when your persona story includes what year Armand turned you into a vampire. stressed

LOL I LOVE IT hahahaha
Could be worse. Could have been Lestat. At least Armand was supposed to have been alive during period.

This was a joke. And it could have been alot worse.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:54 am
Lizveth Kikronus
Your personna involves being apprenticed to your best friend's father so as to explain why you only show up to events with said best friend and father.

This one, or similar, I must defend. I've a friend without a car or strong SCA ties so on the rare occasion she does attend an event she's hooked her persona story into mine to give some sort of connection/explanation. Besides, what's wrong with being an apprentice in persona to another's persona?  

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 am
Kittywitch
you're wearing something over two hundred years out of your period.

Actually... I kinda do this because I fight rapier but I haven't decided on my time period yet but I don't really want to do the rapier frilly dressy look how pretty I am stuff  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:11 pm
I haven't quite nailed down my persona yet so that 200 years out of your period thing isn't really a problem for me.  

Out to the Black

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:21 pm
MorganOfCalafia
Kittywitch

Actually... I kinda do this because I fight rapier but I haven't decided on my time period yet but I don't really want to do the rapier frilly dressy look how pretty I am stuff

I think most folks make an exception if one is both fighting and creating a persona. The two don't always align and yet there's no reason not to do both.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:11 am
Sir_Catherine
MorganOfCalafia
Kittywitch

I think most folks make an exception if one is both fighting and creating a persona. The two don't always align and yet there's no reason not to do both.
This partial quote completely changes what I was saying. It's one thing to have not picked your persona yet, or to occasionally wear something that is out of persona for you; it's another thing to write a persona story that is little more than an explanation as to why you're wearing something two hundred years out of your period.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers