Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Teenage Daughter's Boyfriend Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:06 pm

I have a teenage daughter and normally I don't like them having boyfriends because it never seems to work out, however, my daughter came home one day with a boy and now they're "going steady".

I'm actually in love with them both so much, I want to take the boy into our house so that he can grow up with my daughter and they can get married and .. you know get the point.

The question is how? I normally don't cheet, but I will with this. The thing is that he's a computer charactor and he doesn't live in a house, he's just...there. So it's not like I can get him to move out and adopt him into our family. How would that all work? Would he end up growing up with my daughter? I need help and fast. My teenager grows up in 9 days...help!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:02 am

If you have ofb you can type AddSimtoFamilyCheat[on/off] and then click on him and addd to family or something and then ta da hes part of your family.

Sundance Rendevous

Dapper Member

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:36 pm

Well if you have university then you can send them both to university using the button in the family bin and they will both grow into young adults. If you don't have university or just don't want to send them then you can use the cheat boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true.
With this cheat active you should have the ability to add him to the family. He wont get connected to the family tree but he will become part of the household and should be controllable.
Hold Shift and click on a Sim and select "Spawn..." "Tombstone of L and D". After a little pause a tombstone should appear next to the Sim you clicked on. If you click on the tombstone then you should get an option like "Add Sim to Family..." which should let you select the teen you want.
When you are done just re-enter the cheat but change "true" to "false". If I've remembered that right then he should now be part of that house.
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games