Submit

Take it. I don't need it.
  Thanks!
  *smiles*
View Results

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:20 pm
I've had the current strings on my electric guitar for about a year and a third, I play it for maybe an hour or two every other day, and now I'm having to constantly re-tune the entire thing! It's madening! Every half an hour it's like the whole thing is tuned down way below where it's supposed to be! Are new strings the answer? Thanks.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:15 pm
Sounds like the bolts at the top of the fret maybe on their way out. sad  

Rellik San
Crew

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:59 pm

It does sound like the bolts and the frets. Also check the temperature conditions in which you play it after so long since it's natural for string instruments to go out of tune after a period of time since they are the hardest to keep in tune.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:36 pm
Usually you should change your strings out more often than you seem to have, I like to keep mine for a while but I just can't stand dirty strings.

Acoustics tend to hold a better tuning than electrics; also, when shopping for a guitar, check to see if its tuners are of a high quality (many luthiers seem to hold Gotoh in high regard for tuners).

Other than that, other factors could be that your nut is wearing out (Bone is better than plastic, though bone is usually reserved for expensive guitars--it's not too expensive to get yours replaced, though), or as Dave said, your tuners could be wearing out.

I would say it's not a bad idea at all to consider changing out your strings. If you like heavy-gauge strings I suggest Ernie Ball Custom Slinkies, that's what I use and it gives me some good performance, though I tried out my friend's Jackson Flying V that still has its factory strings on it, they're a light gauge, much easier to shred on. It depends on preference, really, just ask a guy at your local guitar store for help, they typically have vast knowledge on a great number of guitar-related subjects.

-Isel-

punkrockvampire06

Sparkly Powerhouse

12,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:59 pm
Go to ur local gutair store and they will check it and fix it up  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:12 pm
Tuning pegs are loose. I dont know much about electric guitar, but i do know some about the accoustic...which are close to the same thing, so thats what mine always is. If it were Violin, i could help you out so much more

destructive emotions

destructive emotions

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:13 pm
Rellik San
uhm...Top of the fret? dont you mean the head?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:32 pm
Thanks for the help guys. I'll check it out as soon as I have the time to go to the shop, and if I have any more after that, I'll report back.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:39 pm
destructive emotions
Rellik San
Whatever... I'm a pencil artist not a musician. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:42 pm
Rellik San
destructive emotions
Rellik San
Whatever... I'm a pencil artist not a musician. XD
It's fine. We know what you meant.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out